Which Sure Grip?

-

70dart340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know there are 2 different types of Sure grips from the late '60's through the '70's. I'm not sure what I have, since I've never torn one down this far. Can the brain trust educate me with these photos or should I take some better ones. It's a 3.23 SG from a complete rear axle I picked up years ago. Thanks to all. Paul.

Diff1.jpg

SG Diff2.jpg

Thanks, Georgia. I also won $10 on a side bet that you'd be in the first 5 to respond. Keep 'em coming, and let me know when you plan on a trip to Daytona.

Cone. Visible springs are one giveaway. Also, the clutch has the bolts holding it together come from opposite side of the ring gear, cone bolts together from the same side as the ring gear.

Thanks, Georgia. I also won $10 on a side bet that you'd be in the first 5 to respond. Keep 'em coming, and let me know when you plan on a trip to Daytona.
LOL Glad to make your wallet a little heavier.

Jus so you know;
Cone-types can be rebuilt almost forever ,darn cheap, and set up for various purposes.
they're not junk..

In my case as long as they sell SG Dakota and jeep Cherokee parts for the 8.25 I’m golden. :D
Then there’s also the yards with tons of those

-
Back