Which Wideband???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing a wideband to help my novice *** tune my little 340. Which one do you guys recommend? Innovate, AEM??? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm thinking about installing a wideband to help my novice *** tune my little 340. Which one do you guys recommend? Innovate, AEM??? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I use the Innovate. I like it because of the record feature. I like to record the rpm, fuel pressure and when my nitrous kick on all along with the wide band. When a sensor goes bad and they will you can go to autozone and pick up a new bosch sensor. Plus if you want you can move it from vehicle to vehicle.

Innovate will run a MegaSquirt should you ever decide to start data logging or roll the full deal. AEM not so much. Although I have the AEM, works great as stand-alone, next time would be the Innovate for aforementioned perks.

Cost drove me to the ASPX D2 from wide-band.com. >$130 shipped.
Only had it a week but was easy to install, replacement sensors are reasonable, easy to calibrate and has digital output for your logger.
For What Its Worth anyway.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm leading towards the innovate for it's logging capabilities. Would this be a good one??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/inn-3795/overview/

I have this one and really like it.
It has data recording, error code readout, and changeable face.

One night my Son and I were driving downtown and it started flashing E9 over and over.
My alternator terminal ring had broke off so it wasn't charging, and error code E9 is low voltage, so I knew right off what was happening.

One other time the car (hiccupped) and I glanced at the A/F gauge and it said 16.8 or so, and on the way home I picked up another fuel pump.
The next day the fuel pump died, but I had another one in the trunk.:D
Point is, they are a lot more use than just showing your mixture.

Been running it in the car for almost two years now without any problems at all with it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-MT...844-/191672873013?hash=item2ca097f035&vxp=mtr

OH, and the guy has free shipping, 99.8 positive feedback and over 15,000 sales.

I have this one and really like it.
It has data recording, error code readout, and changeable face.

One night my Son and I were driving downtown and it started flashing E9 over and over.
My alternator terminal ring had broke off so it wasn't charging, and error code E9 is low voltage, so I knew right off what was happening.

One other time the car (hiccupped) and I glanced at the A/F gauge and it said 16.8 or so, and on the way home I picked up another fuel pump.
The next day the fuel pump died, but I had another one in the trunk.:D
Point is, they are a lot more use than just showing your mixture.

Been running it in the car for almost two years now without any problems at all with it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-MT...844-/191672873013?hash=item2ca097f035&vxp=mtr

OH, and the guy has free shipping, 99.8 positive feedback and over 15,000 sales.

I wonder what the difference is between the MTX-L and the LC-2. I guess it's time for a phone call...

I have the AEM Uego. It Data Logs as well and uses the Bosch 02 Sensor. All of these unit's are basically the same. I don't like how the Innovative has the brain portion out by the heat, it will not last as long like that, heat kills. Unless the newer models are different.

AEM runs on Megasquirt as well, I have done it. Like I said they are all pretty much the same.

How responsive are these gauges? Does one have more lag than others? I would think instantaneous readings would be important.

How responsive are these gauges? Does one have more lag than others? I would think instantaneous readings would be important.

Keep in mind there is always a 'clearing out period' before you can trust readings.

Take your pick and order!! :blob:

I bought an Innovate, does logging, and has outputs which can be interfaced with the older Holley (projection and Commander) and Megasquirt. At the time I think it was just under 170 or so US

I've been running the AEM UEGO in my car since 2011 and have been more than pleased. I like that the sensor never needs calibration. Even with the AEM if you think the sensor is bad you can test it easily to make sure it's reading correctly. It's a simple test using a rag soaked in brake clean to make the sensor read full rich, then remove the rag to make it read full lean. Easy peasy.

For a while I ran both the AEM and an Innovate gauge borrowed from a friend. I wanted to see if there was a difference in the a/f reading between banks (no significant difference seen). The one thing I noticed is how much I don't like the readout on the Innovate. It's blue like the one you're looking at. During the day it's fine but at night it's like a bright blue beacon in my dash and I usually wound placing a towel or something in front of it. It lit up my whole car. Ridiculous.

I've got the AEM, I bought it over the innovate for three reasons:
I had read some not so great reviews on the innovate
I liked the way AEM made theirs a pretty clean install
The AEM at the time used a better sensor (4.9?), dunno if the innovate still uses the older one...

Anyways, just something more to ponder on.

I've been running the AEM UEGO in my car since 2011 and have been more than pleased. I like that the sensor never needs calibration. Even with the AEM if you think the sensor is bad you can test it easily to make sure it's reading correctly. It's a simple test using a rag soaked in brake clean to make the sensor read full rich, then remove the rag to make it read full lean. Easy peasy.

For a while I ran both the AEM and an Innovate gauge borrowed from a friend. I wanted to see if there was a difference in the a/f reading between banks (no significant difference seen). The one thing I noticed is how much I don't like the readout on the Innovate. It's blue like the one you're looking at. During the day it's fine but at night it's like a bright blue beacon in my dash and I usually wound placing a towel or something in front of it. It lit up my whole car. Ridiculous.

Just an FYI on the new Innovate from the manual:
3 Connect the WHITE wire to a headlight power wire (a wire that supplies
current to the headlights). This enables the display to dim for better
nighttime viewing. DO NOT CONNECT THIS WIRE TO THE
HEADLIGHT DIMMING WIRE. Connection to this rheostat type of
switch will cause the gauge to malfunction. If you chose not to utilize the
dimming feature, connect the WHITE wire to ground.
4 Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2)
can be connected to the analog inputs of other devices such as data
loggers or ECUs
. If either one or both of these wires are not being used
isolate and tape the wire(s) out of the way. The default analog outputs
are as follows: Analog output one (yellow) is 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V =
22.39 AFR. Analog output two (brown) is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15
AFR.

Well that would have been helpful to know, haha. I let my friend wire it up while I messed with the O2 sensor, and he was reinstalling the dash bezel by the time I was done.

I have the AEM and love it.. it is instant response, tuned my old 350hp ford 306 in 1.5 hours and found out it needed more fuel than we could put in it LOL

+1 for the AEM mine has the data logging feature someone mentioned as well..

-
Back