Which would be better

-
Maybe a bit of an overkill for a street car. How about consider just a stock electronic distributor and a msd 6al.

Just run the stock Mopar ignition. It's plenty hot. Let @TrailBeast hook you up with a curved distributor. Why in the world would you not want to support a fellow forum member and probably end up with a better ignition system, taylored to YOUR specific application and cheaper than the over rated MSD stuff that's made in China?

Mopar chrome box and one of Trail Beasts distributors, cant go wrong. Great guy and will answer any questions you have no matter how redundant they may seem.

@TrailBeast

:thumbsup:

Mopar chrome box and one of Trail Beasts distributors, cant go wrong. Great guy and will answer any questions you have no matter how redundant they may seem.

@TrailBeast

:thumbsup:

Dang skippy. He's an honest dude and a real asset to the forum. We should all support him when we need ignition stuff.

Go ahead ask me whos distributor is in my 340

:lol:

After about 3 years running a summit distributor i went to replace the rotor and the whole shaft lifted up about 1/2” an inch in the distributor. Replaced it with one of trail beasts and works great, limits the all in to i believe 36 degrees

Thanks for the mention and support guys.
I do have to say the recurved and limited distributors work great.
You can also get caps, rotors, wires and such just about anywhere since they are a factory distributor.

Thanks for the mention and support guys.
I do have to say the recurved and limited distributors work great.
You can also get caps, rotors, wires and such just about anywhere since they are a factory distributor.

Bout time slowpoke.

Or you could get one of his HEI kits to go with a Chrysler electronic ignition distributors, put one on my car, like it a lot.

Skip the MSD. If you REALLY want that type of distributor then look it up @ pace performance. Same distributor a heck of a lot cheaper.

On other cars I run, it has been the MP chrome box and distributor. Works just fine. Grab yourself a upgraded coil to match and call it a day. I found zero performance gain with the MSD over the Chrome box.

Or you could get one of his HEI kits to go with a Chrysler electronic ignition distributors, put one on my car, like it a lot.

Sorry, I only do the distributors now.
I do offer to help people that want to build their own HEI though.

Hey he works a lot faster than he talks lol
The thing is, I kind of made a commitment that I would buy a brand new MSD 8545 distributer from a guy for way less than it cost new. I'm going with a hydraulic roller set up and that's why I even talked to him about the distributer. I'm not sure if that makes any difference but that's why I was asking. I wished I would have known about trailhead before I committed to this one.

The thing is, I kind of made a commitment that I would buy a brand new MSD 8545 distributer from a guy for way less than it cost new. I'm going with a hydraulic roller set up and that's why I even talked to him about the distributer. I'm not sure if that makes any difference but that's why I was asking. I wished I would have known about trailhead before I committed to this one.
TrailBeast, sometimes auto correct is a pain...

Well OK then. A man of your word and sticking to your guns.
Humbled I say I’d have to look up those numbers unless you can quickly out line there differences.

Well OK then. A man of your word and sticking to your guns.
Humbled I say I’d have to look up those numbers unless you can quickly out line there differences.
I looked them up at summit and Pace and the 8545 is mechanical advance and the 8386 (Summit) is vacuum and mechanical advance. I can get the the 8545 about a 100.00 cheaper than buying it new from Summit. It was 322.95 at both places

Kinda strange you would even ask opinions since your mind was already made up. 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Well, to be fair the OP asked "which of these two", not "what else should I use?", that be'n said.......I smell a vac adv/no vac adv storm brewin'..........lol...........

-
Back