White House tree in Cody WY today

-

djwhog

Reaction score
Well the tree was in Cody today at 3 pm and we had a huge town party. Christmas carols, cider, hot coco etc, it had a nice horse lead western parade the works. A USA flag very large at least 20x30 feet hoisted on the top of a fire truck hook and ladder. We all took place in the national Anthem, and specific xmas songs were written in celebration for the tree by WY native residents.8)

Was a great time, and it was so nice to see such a large turn out and one of the nicest trees ever to be sent to the capital. :)

It is a 65' tall tree about 83 years old. it leaves in the Monday AM time frame then the next stop is Sheridan WY and will loop through WY to the capital.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_1c2b5543-1aea-5904-8ee9-3e510bfa87b7.html

The tree was cut in Teton Forest near Jackson Hole; here is a link, video etc.

Most likely only one of these I will see in my lifetime. There was another semi next to it with over 5000+ ornaments and it too is picking up many of the smaller trees for the White House along the route.

Take a look at the video cutting it down, and before it was wrapped look how large she is.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_1c2b5543-1aea-5904-8ee9-3e510bfa87b7.html?mode=video

Attachments

• WY xmas tree.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 79
Well we call it a Christmas tree and I am sure even though I do not support mr O he will too:)

It will be in WY most all Week, then I think it kleaves out the I 80 from Cheyenne towards NE and beyond.

It is worth seeing!

FYI tree is still drinking 60 gallons of water a day on the truck:)

Our town make a H U G E deal out of it. Once in a lifetime deal for me and for our state too.

I'm pretty sure djwhog would appreciate it if his post sharing a great day in his town NOT be hijacked into something political. Thanks.

I have to agree it is cool that your state will have something to do with Christmas at the white house.

That's cool. I did some reading and I think they are back to calling them Christmas trees again...lol
Last year the White House tree had transvestites, obama and mao tse-tung hangin on the tree.

Thanks Guys, it was neat, emotional, one time in WY history to have not only the main outside tree, but all the trees and decorations fro mthe state go to the capital.

It was a once in a lifetime event.
And if you have ever been in WY, the 4th of July is a 4 day deal, and Christmas is a major deal too.

it is all about GOD and country and respect i nthis part of the US.

PS you never saw so many armed folks watch out and protect a tree in your life.

Quite the impressive or-deal.

If you get a chance take your kids to see it.

again thanks, this is not a political thread. Just a fun event.

take care good people, GOD bless everyone (whom ever or what ever your beliefs):)

I am telling you we need to spread a little more JOY life is too short....

-
Back