white interior with a black headliner?

-

bananayellow

72demon
Reaction score
found a 71 Demon 340 4sp with 33,500 miles a while ago and finally been able to purchase it.. a one owner car before me. definitely a survivor with all good sheet metal etc... here is the question.. i am thinking of changing the interior from black to white... dont really feel like putting in a white headliner though...was there ever a factory interior set up as white but with a black headliner? If i were to do this would it look wrong? looking forward to your thoughts :)

I don't think any of the A-bodies came from the factory with a white headliner. It's Ma Mopar, so I'll stick with my mantra of "never say never", but in the 1972 Plymouth dealer ordering handbook it doesn't list a white headliner as an option of any kind, even with white vinyl.

1972_page_51.jpg

I know that my '71 Dart GT had white vinyl seats and door panels with black carpet and a black headliner from the factory.

thanks for the help.... looks like I am good to go with a white interior if that is my end decision. thanks!

I got red interior with a white headliner

Black and white should go together

I have a 68 fish with black and white interior factory original. bucket seats, door panels, rear seat are white. headliner, dash and carpets are black. looks great.

I have a 68 fish with black and white interior factory original. bucket seats, door panels, rear seat are white. headliner, dash and carpets are black. looks great.

My '72 Duster was rallye red, white seats and door panels. Headliner, dash, and carpet were all black. I believe they referred it as a tri-color.

Dusters demons with white interior only had white seats and door panels. 68 69 darts had white headliners and trim but black dash, carpet ,and kick panels. 70 back b bodies the same.

thanks for your good advice..:) btw what color is it that you painted your dart? looks great

My 68 barracuda had a white interior and white headliner, but the dash and carpet were blue.

Moms Duster had the olive green interior with black vinyl seats. That **** got hot in Texas! like put a towel down or your legs in shorts would get burned hot.

My 67 came with a stock black headliner, carpet, dash nad upper door paint. White seats and GT door panels.
Looks awesome.

I don't think any of the A-bodies came from the factory with a white headliner. It's Ma Mopar, so I'll stick with my mantra of "never say never", but in the 1972 Plymouth dealer ordering handbook it doesn't list a white headliner as an option of any kind, even with white vinyl.

1972_page_51.jpg

I know that my '71 Dart GT had white vinyl seats and door panels with black carpet and a black headliner from the factory.

My 73 Dart Sport 340 has black interior with white headliner. It also had the white vinyl top and the white up and over stripe. Also, it is a sunroof car.

I bought a '72 Duster with white interior (but it was just a roller with no interior in it when bought). So white panels and seats, everything else black? What color would the floor console be?

-
Back