Who has best deals on Mickey Thompson tires?

-
I am wondering this too. I have MT S/R's on it and dread buying new rear tires.

I planned on using Summit until they yanked the 10% discount away. Now, I will have to shop around. tirerack.com doesn't handle M/T tires.

Yeah, I have been checking tire rack and other stores.

Seems that they only carry passenger car type tires.

I have been calling around tire shops all morning to see who even deals with M/T tires, so far no luck.

I can drive to Summit, about 1.5 hours away no problem but would rather not if I could find a local shop.

Maybe I will try Southern off road because they sell M/T truck tires.

Do you have a Les Schwabs? They can order M/T. Fair warning though, I had them price me out a set of 255/60-15 ET Streets...$250 each! There $175 from summit.

Jake

I went ahead and got them from southern off road.

They were $10.00 extra each to put a rush on them and have them within 3 hours.

They are on the car as we speak, and I am going out to get pics now.

They are about 1" shorter tread width, and 1" taller because they are not avaliable in 29" tall, only 28, and 30, go figure.

I liked the wider tread of the sportmans much better BUT I'm sure these will be much more street friendly especially in the rain.

Check with Discount tire (America's tire).......they will match anyone's price, saving you on shipping when you order them to a store too

Made a 120 mile round trip with the new tires today, and what a difference having radials in the front and in the rear.

The sportsman pro's were wider and I like the look but these radials ride so much nicer with no more bouncing and weaving.

Did a 65-100 mph blipp to spank a new hemi charger that wanted to play with me and did not feel one pulsation. he, he.

1-32.jpg

Those look awesome! Have you done a burn out in them yet? Hows the compound? hard? soft?

Jake

The compound seems rigid but not hard if that makes any sense.

They are definitely much harder than the sportsman pro softies, but they really feel like a good quality compound.

No, I have not done any burnouts in it as I have been babying my clutch due to some unresolved issues, but I have gassed it a coupe times and heard some tires sqeeling which I never heard before with the sportsman pro's.

I have a line-loc that i need to install, then I am going to thrash the crap out of my transmission before I yank it out and go through it.

If it really pisses me off I am going to put an automatic in it and be done with it.

Have a 72 Dart with the 315-60-15 on it mini tubbed to frame - axle moved on springs 1-1/2" back no cutting of the wheel well -

Have 275-60-15 on a 74 duster in stock location no cutting

Have a set of M/T Drag radials 275-60-15 on 15X8 Centerline 5 Stars for $450.00

http://www.larryhodgeracing.com/ This is the best deals that I have found, and the guy is as nice as could be to deal with. When I called him, he was at a drag strip racing his super stock car. He dropped everything he was doing and went to his motorhome and took my order. My tires and wheels showed up at my door in less than a week! Well worth checkin out, and he has the new Billet Specialties drag wheel.... which is what I bought. They look AWESOME!!

-
Back