who has Doris Days' Barracuda ?

-
Yes, Dan the man is a pain in his wishy-washy approach to advertisements and people trying to help him find a car. I don't see you tagging him in any car for sale threads.
No i am not here to proselytize. I was making a point on the value of each and every human on the planet.
I am calling you on acting like a dick when it is not needed.
Did you think to ask why he said what he said about that car in relation to Doris day?
I have been around cars and horseless carriages my entire life. There is nothing sacred about any of them, not even the popemobile. What was the lesson about the Ferrari at the end of Ferris Buhler's Day Off? Anyone? Anyone?

Edit.
I am very deliberate in my choice of words. Notice I pointed out your behavior. I did not call you a dick. The difference may seem subtle, but it is significant.
I don't post in sale threads. I've tried to be helpful and have been rewarded with post deletions. And to be honest, it's been a long time since I've believed Dan has been serious about buying.

OK, I was a dick. Do you call out everyone who's a dick on this forum? Or 10%? You'd never sleep. Dan triggered me by coming into a nice thread about an interesting TV car and doing his incessant whiny Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy bit. TV cars have interest. That interest may drive up their value to those who have the means to purchase them. If one can't afford to play in that arena, be happy for those who can and swallow the bitterness and envy.

Sacred? Of course not. They are just inanimate objects after all. Anyone worshipping a car has serious perspective problems. They may need some instance in their life to help them gain that perspective. Hopefully , it isn't too painful for them, but often it is. But there's something about cars that lure all of us to gather here in this virtual community.

I appreciate you being a gentleman in your handling of this. I've seen many of your posts. We're closely aligned on many (Edit - most) issues.

Last edited:
She's a looker...but she's way to wholesome for me. I like them a little edgy, lol.

Here you go. I'm going to see this band in a couple weeks. A little edgier than Doris. She's aged, but was a beautiful young woman, so I'm posting this version. Can you catch the Mopar reference?

Can you catch the Mopar reference?

Sweet, thanks!! Reminds me of this. My dad had a New Yorker, cheap man's Imperial, lol.

560px-Chrysler_Imperial_--_05-07-2012.jpeg

Here you go. I'm going to see this band in a couple weeks. A little edgier than Doris. She's aged, but was a beautiful young woman, so I'm posting this version. Can you catch the Mopar reference?

Yes Chrissie Hynde was a mega hottie in the day, but good lord, she never quit smoking and it ruined her. I love her work with The Pretenders. One of my favorite "non southern rock" bands. She is 71 after all. But dammit, if she just took better care of herself. Still a magnificent talent. Have you ever seen her version of Radiohead's Creep? She slap blows it out of the water.

CHRISSIE HYNDE.jpg

Yes Chrissie Hynde was a mega hottie in the day, but good lord, she never quit smoking and it ruined her. I love her work with The Pretenders. One of my favorite "non southern rock" bands. She is 71 after all. But dammit, if she just took better care of herself. Still a magnificent talent. Have you ever seen her version of Radiohead's Creep? She slap blows it out of the water.

View attachment 1716118460
She survived. That's better than half her band did. I think it was at their R&R Hall of Fame induction in 2005 she said that the Pretenders had been a tribute band for the past twenty years. Anyway, I purposely didn't get tickets too close to the stage.

Here she is doing Creep. Dammit man.

I've always loved this rendition. She took a great song and made it her own.

She survived. That's better than half her band did. I think it was at their R&R Hall of Fame induction in 2005 she said that the Pretenders had been a tribute band for the past twenty years. Anyway, I purposely didn't get tickets too close to the stage.

I've always loved this rendition. She took a great song and made it her own.
Oh she didn't just survive. She got better as time went on, no doubt. I'd like to know what happened to her nose. She was beautiful back in the day. Looks like she had some BAD plastic surgery. But I agree 100%, she could be not here anymore. I'm sure she's missed many chances. lol She's a double barrel badass on the guitar though.

I think this was my introduction to the Pretenders. I saw it on one of those late night weekend shows when I was on leave in '79. Hysterical intro, and then that driving rock song that somehow got past the censors.

I don't see what's so special about it, Doris Day was a person just like the rest of us. People go nuts over things when it's owned by a entertainer.
Gotta disagree. Doris Day was an amazing actress. She starred in a lot of movies. She was a decent person who deserves respect for what she did during her career. She made some movies with Rock Hudson that are hilarious. Now if you said that about some of today's asscrack celebrities (like Alec Baldwin) I would agree.

How do you know what she was like behind the scenes? :p
She was my wife's 3nd cousin.
My Mother in Law's 2st cousin.
I think Doris's mother and my MIL's mother were 1st cousins. Don't hold me to that. I do know that the family is very German and the lot of them came to Cincinnati in the 1870's. Their name was Welz, they Americanized it Wells during WWI. They all lived in the Over the Rhine area in Cincinnati. Couldn't pay me to live there now.
Before all the older ladies in the family passed away, there was this massive family reunion every year. Every year Doris would be invited, but she never came. Always sent a note that would be read. A big deal was always made about Doris Day on my wife's side of the family. I know you couldn't say anything bad about the lady (not that there really was anything to say other than she was married a few times and that was a scandal in a very Catholic family).

Gotta disagree. Doris Day was an amazing actress. She starred in a lot of movies. She was a decent person who deserves respect for what she did during her career. She made some movies with Rock Hudson that are hilarious. Now if you said that about some of today's asscrack celebrities (like Alec Baldwin) I would agree.
I agree. Doris was part of the golden age of Hollywood. When Hollywood was great, not the leftist craphole it is today. I'll stop right there. lol

She was awesome, I'm not talking about her, I was saying how people go nuts over something just because a celebrity owned it. Some people put celebrities on a pedestal. There was a singer who was in the kc area and the cheapest ticket was1200

That was Taylor Swift. Taylor sold out two (78,000 seat) shows at Arrowhead Stadium.

Prices were $1,200 right before the show. However, tickets went on sale in January and were still expensive but as the seats sold, demand stayed high. Gotta love capitalism….. and Taylor!

That was Taylor Swift. Taylor sold out two (78,000 seat) shows at Arrowhead Stadium.

Prices were $1,200 right before the show. However, tickets went on sale in January and were still expensive but as the seats sold, demand stayed high. Gotta love capitalism….. and Taylor!
I wouldn't pay over $25 to see her or anybody else

I wouldn't pay over $25 to see her or anybody else

You will see NO top billing performers, those days been over for quite some time.
Last concert I went to was 1990@ RFK stadium. Paul McCartney`s world tour. $30 big buck smackaroos. LOL
That's more like it. All sports figures and entertainers are over paid.

That's more like it. All sports figures and entertainers are over paid.
That was a lot of money for a ticket back then.
You gotta remember inflation over 33 years. :rolleyes:
Average price today would be over a hundred
I`ll agree with this...
All sports figures and entertainers are over paid.

-
Back