Who has the best repro gas tank?

-
I got a Right Stuff 3/8" sending unit with my new tank and it works perfectly with my stock gauge. I was surprised after all the bad things I heard about sending units not working correctly with factory gauges.

I got a Right Stuff 3/8" sending unit with my new tank and it works perfectly with my stock gauge. I was surprised after all the bad things I heard about sending units not working correctly with factory gauges.

Do you have a link tot he Right Stuff web site?

I was looking for them this weekend and couldn't find it. I need to get some parking brake cables from them also. It would be nice to take care of both at the same time.... :glasses7:

I was also considering the Spectra sending unit. If the tanks are good quality, I was thinking that the sending units may be better than the rumored "bad ones" from other manufacturers...

Has anyone tried the Spectra sending units, or should I go with the Right Stuff.

I have a set of good used oem cables from a 74 se with 10" rear brakes. Just came off when I did the disks.

I would be willing to bet that the eBay tank is a cheaper Taiwanese made tank. They snuck that little disclaimer in so that when you bought it and protested, they could show eBay the ad.

RockAuto.com is selling the Spectra tank for $150. You might find it cheaper, but not HALF off.

Kuda, here is the reply, I would check it out before you buy it. http://www.wiggleysonline.com/

It is a Wiggleys brand CR11D for a early 71 Valiant, 4 vent pipes

Thanks

Vinny

- theradiatorconnection

I just put a right stuff in mine 3/8 with a vent for fuel return, seems fine and well made.

I made summit price match rock auto for the tank and got the right stuff sending unit. They both came with a lock ring and gasket, but when you put the two lock rings side by side you'll be able to tell witch one is more stout. The right stuff sending unit had a little different configuration than stock, but it worked fine.

I made summit price match rock auto for the tank and got the right stuff sending unit. They both came with a lock ring and gasket, but when you put the two lock rings side by side you'll be able to tell witch one is more stout. The right stuff sending unit had a little different configuration than stock, but it worked fine.

Thanks for the info on the right stuff sending unit. I prefer to go as close to stock as possible for less problems.

Has anyone tried the Spectra sending unit?

If the Spectra and right stuff are similar, I'll go for the best price... If the Spectra is closer to the stock, I will lean toward that...

Kuda, here is the reply, I would check it out before you buy it. http://www.wiggleysonline.com/

It is a Wiggleys brand CR11D for a early 71 Valiant, 4 vent pipes

Thanks

Vinny

- theradiatorconnection

I just put a right stuff in mine 3/8 with a vent for fuel return, seems fine and well made.

So it's their own tank that they are trying to jump on the quality reputation of Spectra by mentioning it in their ad, but it's not really....

Thanks for looking into it for me.

I'm leaning toward the Spectra and will look for the best price...

I just don't trust the "talking out both sides of the mouth" advertising.... :evil3:

I would be willing to bet that the eBay tank is a cheaper Taiwanese made tank. They snuck that little disclaimer in so that when you bought it and protested, they could show eBay the ad.

RockAuto.com is selling the Spectra tank for $150. You might find it cheaper, but not HALF off.

Yep, just as you suspected. :cheers:

I've got a few from vans and had no problems other than the look....they are made to fit 67( single strap) to 76 and they just don't look as cool as a factory tank, but I'm almost positive they were made in Canada.

mike bee

Our Spectra gas tank showed up this afternoon around 3 PM!!! :D :glasses7:

Woo - Hoo !!!!
:cheers: :cheers:

I have an original tank, but for a 68 dart. IF you wan't it, yours for 50 plus shipping.

I have an original tank, but for a 68 dart. IF you wan't it, yours for 50 plus shipping.

Thanks for the offer, but if you read the post above yours, I just got my new one in the mail already today. :D

I've seen the Spectra tanks for $232.00 at Summit.

-
Back