Who has the best repro gas tank?

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
We need to get a gas tank and install it for my son's 71 Valiant more door. We need the one with the 4 vent tubes. Who have you used for your tank replacements and how happy were you with them?

Who do you guys recommend buying a gas tank from? Is it worth the extra money for the stainless ones????

I can't speak to a '71 Valiant, but I bought a Spectra for a '64 B-body though Rockauto, and the quality is outstanding! Made in Canada, and the price was reasonable.

I bought a Spectra for my 72 Dart. I think it should last another 40 years. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they are a improved quality from the original tanks.

One more vote here for the Spectra tank.
Not one bit of problem in the installation or the function.
Very happy overall, i would buy another one for sure.......

Another vote for Spectra. Three years later and it still looks like new!

Another vote for spectra, I got one for my 67' barracuda and the quality is excellent

Thanks for the suggestions. sounds like Spectra is a good tank, now I just gotta find one...

I looked on their web site and see that they have an outlet in Indiana and Cali. I will have to see if they can help me find one....

Too bad that they are out of stock at 521 restorations....

Are the Spectra sending units any good?

I know about the new lock ring issue and bought a few old style ones, so I should be good there....

Rock auto has the one you need Karl Spectra P/N cr11D it has the four tubes. like 165 or so. It comes with a lock ring also. LOL

Rock auto has the one you need Karl Spectra P/N cr11D it has the four tubes. like 165 or so. It comes with a lock ring also. LOL

Thanks. :D

Yeah, we know about the lock ring.... :banghead:

I'm gonna get a few more from you, let me know when you get them...

How many of your tanks leak? They will be here tomorrow according to USPS. Let me know how many and I will put them aside.. I think I have four here now.

says spectra cr11d in the decription

Condition: New Brand: Spectra Premium Industries Inc
Warranty: Yes Manufacturer Part Number: CR11D

Thanks for the link, but in the red print under the race car picture it says:

"Note: this is not a Spectra brand tank."

- bummer, that was a great price.

I think that I want the Spectra if I can find one. Even if a little more expensive, from what you guys have said, they are good quality. I definitely don't want my son to have a fuel leak that may cause a fire....

I was hoping that that one was a Spectra....

Is this tank a spectra cr11d or is it for a neon. I need one for a 1971 Plymouth valiant with 4 emissions tubes. The listing is confusing.
Thanks, Ray

Now we wait.

-
Back