who has the fastest 318 ?!!!

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I have a 73 duster. I want to take my 318 to it's limits!
I know- do a stoker 360- same money a big block-
Bla- Bla- Bla NO! I'LL SAY IT AGAIN 318 TO ITS LIMIT!!

so here we go- please post (your) fastest 1/4 mile time
318 block !
Please give time slip pics (if available? )
Motor combo's ?
transmission ?
Rear end ?
Tires ?
I wonder how far that little under dog can go! ??????.......:finga:

you could go two ways

naturally aspirated you want to run 7500 / 8000 rpms will require lots of mods on the bottom end so it can survive up there. then W2 or better heads for the flow, intake to match etc. high compression. race gas or E85

other option some crazy aussie put a twin turbo on a 318 and got 479 hp out of it
it's in a charger valiant model car they had down under

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYBTOGxj88E"]Twin Turbo 318 Chrysler Charger V8 on the dyno - YouTube[/ame]

p.s. everyone wants 360's or magnum blocks nobody wants 340's you should be able to find one very cheap

they accept 318 cranks, etc almost all the parts interchange between a 340 and 318. i think the rods are the same as but dont quote me on that. but heads/intake/flywheel/ etc all interchange.

just make sure on a 340 if you internal balance all parts are matched for that ( all neutral balanced crank, balancer, flywheel or flexplate) or if you go externally balanced then you need the right balancer and flywheel/flexplate etc.

MoPar lover, just wonder what your trying to say since the OE post is "318's only."

To it's limits? I guess it's what you really mean by that. Stock block, streetable, racer, etc.

You can throw a ton of coin into a stock based teen and run some phenomenal times, but the only recognition you'll get is a few "high fives" from some internet guys.....like us, lol :D.

If you have the wallet, and really want to make some noise, build a NHRA legal Competition Eliminator car with 318 cubes. I believe a Duster is still accepted in Super Modified. Run some competitive 8's in that class, and big time people will take serious notice!

Don't mean to sound harsh, but again, taking it to it's limits...just sayin' :D.

I have the fastest 318. Filling up my car one day and pulled the trigger. I've never seen $3.18 disappear so fast in my life.... :(

To it's limits? I guess it's what you really mean by that. Stock block, streetable, racer, etc.

You can throw a ton of coin into a stock based teen and run some phenomenal times, but the only recognition you'll get is a few "high fives" from some internet guys.....like us, lol :D.

If you have the wallet, and really want to make some noise, build a NHRA legal Competition Eliminator car with 318 cubes. I believe a Duster is still accepted in Super Modified. Run some competitive 8's in that class, and big time people will take serious notice!

Don't mean to sound harsh, but again, taking it to it's limits...just sayin' :D.

I was wondering if anyone is dragging a 318, and how far they've
taken it? So far there's been some 8's and 9's talk? There's a duster at our
local track that carries the front tires for 10 feet or so and does low 10's
easy. Big pricey (Not 318) motor. How close can a 318 come to that? I think anything under 12's
would get more than high fives from Internet guys. Just sayin.
I don't understand ? QUOTE = phenomenal times? Phenomenal is phenomenal with a 318!

You should talk to spare parts he has a high winding 318, so from your last post your looking to do this for "high fives" ???? Tons of De - stroked chevys turning 12,000 rpms it was a trick of the past, the question is for how long???? And why??? When u can build a 340,360 to run low 10's -steve

I think the question is "who has the fastest 318"? Not "who can build the fastest 318, or who knows of the fastest 318....". That is why he asked for pix, time slips, and what is in it......

I was wondering if anyone is dragging a 318, and how far they've
taken it? So far there's been some 8's and 9's talk? There's a duster at our
local track that carries the front tires for 10 feet or so and does low 10's
easy. Big pricey (Not 318) motor. How close can a 318 come to that? I think anything under 12's
would get more than high fives from Internet guys. Just sayin.
I don't understand ? QUOTE = phenomenal times? Phenomenal is phenomenal with a 318!
but that talk is just that, talk. I think by your original post you were looking for members to post what they have, not what they could possibly do. Just so you know, in the right car, it isn't all that hard to spray a 318 into the 10's. And if you go boost, there are plenty of 10 second Grand Nationals with 3.8's and full dressed street cars. I'm sure big boost on a 5.2 will easily do the same. I think the better question is "who has the fastest 318 that is doing it all by 318?" NO boost, NO spray, NO stroker..... (here come the stock eliminator folks.. lol)

but that talk is just that, talk. I think by your original post you were looking for members to post what they have, not what they could possibly do. Just so you know, in the right car, it isn't all that hard to spray a 318 into the 10's. And if you go boost, there are plenty of 10 second Grand Nationals with 3.8's and full dressed street cars. I'm sure big boost on a 5.2 will easily do the same. I think the better question is "who has the fastest 318 that is doing it all by 318?" NO boost, NO spray, NO stroker..... (here come the stock eliminator folks.. lol)

:prayer:

I think the question is "who has the fastest 318"? Not "who can build the fastest 318, or who knows of the fastest 318....". That is why he asked for pix, time slips, and what is in it......

:prayer:thank you!!! For getting the point!!! :prayer:

My "Teen" has been 12.54, at 107.61mph, 1.8811 60 ft. 318 stock rotator, 360 heads, 2.02, 1.6 valves, radically angle milled to 45cc, Comp Cams XTQ281S cam, E-Brock Torquer II intake, 904 with a reverse manual valve body, 4.88 gears, M/T 275/60x15 drag radials.

This what you were looking for?

Attachments

• catchin'air.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,100
I went 12.47 or 37 with a way wrong converter, remember it was a nitrous friendly set up
That was on motor.

I believe what you are wanting is who has the "quickest" 318. If you want to see the "fastest" 318, you should be looking to the Bonneville Salt Flats.

dont worry so much about what other people have, if you want to the limit with the 318, use whatever heads you can get, with cast heads reconditioned and ported would cost about the same as a good set of aluminum pieces. big compression, big cam, big gears and see what it does

You'll always wonder what could have been for less cost involved, time included.

You'll always wonder what could have been for less cost involved, time included.

True. The 318 we had in mine was pump gas moving 3340lbs with iron heads. Believe me we wonder what would have happened if my brother kept the motor. We were very close to what we consider to be fast for the set up. It had a bit more left in it. The converter was not right for the small stroke

My "Teen" has been 12.54, at 107.61mph, 1.8811 60 ft. 318 stock rotator, 360 heads, 2.02, 1.6 valves, radically angle milled to 45cc, Comp Cams XTQ281S cam, E-Brock Torquer II intake, 904 with a reverse manual valve body, 4.88 gears, M/T 275/60x15 drag radials.

This what you were looking for?

Yes! !!!!!!!!!!!

I believe what you are wanting is who has the "quickest" 318. If you want to see the "fastest" 318, you should be looking to the Bonneville Salt Flats.

I put the fastest quarter mile on the original post I'm pretty sure. or quickest if you will if you want to split hair's?

dont worry so much about what other people have, if you want to the limit with the 318, use whatever heads you can get, with cast heads reconditioned and ported would cost about the same as a good set of aluminum pieces. big compression, big cam, big gears and see what it does

Oh I'm going to! And I'm not worried. I just wanted to see what other people are doing and get some good ideas. isn't that kind of the point of this forum?

Well I'll follow that thread , always like to see a FAST 318 cause people always say oh a 318 like it's a boat anchor . Go for it !

You wanna 318 to run like no bodies biz. Really get that lik'F'er rockin and rollin?
Contact Don @ 4secondsflat.com.
Tell'em I sent you and I said hello.

I guess the gratification of doing it with a 318 is just that: It's a 318. I am still amazed at how most mopar people view the 318. An 11 second 360/340 on the street is easily accepted. But a lot of people will doubt a 12 second 318 on the street, unless ya spend 4K. I know (as everyone else knows) that the 360/340 is the going to offer more, however, it amazes me that the Ford fans will build the 5.0 stang's, and many mopar fans have respect for them, but the larger 318 is not given a chance. So, this will be your satisfaction: you did it with a 318

-
Back