who here uses facebook

-
I post this about once a month :glasses7:
To all my family and friend's PLEASE !! Pleased do not invite me to anything to play..I will not subject my computer to it or me :hello2:, . and if you see you got blocked :shock: family or not was because I do not put up with negative, pout complaining, or bad language..
So if it hurts your feelings that I unfriended you :) Presto that is why! :glasses7:

I like the mopar folks and enjoy seeing how to do stuff and learn from it here and there.
I don't text, heck I rarely use my phone :thumblef: I just found out my granddaughter is sickly :sad5: and I did not have to get a phone call to find out about it.... and posted that I am here if they need anything and gave then advice on the problem and there friends learn from my thoughts as well :thumblef:

Im an old guy (50) who grew up in the electronics industry. I use Facebook just about every day. Keep in touch with friends and family. If any body gets to wound up or i never liked them anyways i just delete them. Simple.

I have entered no more personal information than what you can get from the phone book.

Use it often to keep ups with family and friends. Very little personal information and use the filters and security settings man.

You can also use a different browser just for FB and delete your history each time after you sign out.

so now it makes sense ...FB stands for facebook ....here I was thinking FB is for Fast Back ....as in Fast Back cuda :-# LOL

I don't and never will. Same as the OP, it bugs me having a website telling me whom I might want to be friends with. Also I am not comfortable with all the data gathering. And I don't want to know people's dramas. My family knows this and respects me enough to share pics thru email and we talk on the phone.

I'm on there. I don't play the games.I skype my friends in Australia. It free

I used to use facebook. I used it primarily as a blog last fall to put into my words my feelings about losing Sarah.

Now, I put those words into characters for my novels. More therapeutic that way. With less drama.

I'm not on it and don't have much use for it either.
From what i'm told, it is not as private as some people think it is, regardless of your settings.
In general, i never say anything on the internet anywhere that i wouldn't say to anyone's face, no matter where it is and who it is.

I was very reluctant to get a FaceBook account at first. Now I've been able to get in contact with a bunch of old friends in the four states I used to live in ... get to secretly laugh at all the cheerleaders who were so perfect in high school and now look like unrecognizable whales with eight kids (yeah I'm a ***** lol) ... network with like minded Mopar people all over the world ... and now it's turning into a very viable source of new business (4 jobs in the shop right now are from FB users).

My shop's Fan Page has over 1850 members -- one of the most highly viewed powder coating shops on the entire network! -- and it's great for new jokes and at least a few good laughs a day. It gets to be a drag when people use it for nothing but negativity and/or drama, and those people are never on my Friends' List for very long.

Now, I put those words into characters for my novels. More therapeutic that way. With less drama.

I used to do that, but haven't done much writing since I finished the first one. I have enough material bouncing around in my head for a trilogy, know exactly what I need to put to paper, but just haven't got to it yet.

I think the last time I worked on the second book was over a year ago. I was four chapters into it (roughly 95k words) and stopped for some reason.

On the note of FB, yeah I'm on there from time to time. I don't play any of the games, just pop in to see what some of my friends and family are up to.

I was very reluctant to get a FaceBook account at first. Now I've been able to get in contact with a bunch of old friends in the four states I used to live in ... get to secretly laugh at all the cheerleaders who were so perfect in high school and now look like unrecognizable whales with eight kids (yeah I'm a ***** lol) ... network with like minded Mopar people all over the world ... and now it's turning into a very viable source of new business (4 jobs in the shop right now are from FB users).

My shop's Fan Page has over 1850 members -- one of the most highly viewed powder coating shops on the entire network! -- and it's great for new jokes and at least a few good laughs a day. It gets to be a drag when people use it for nothing but negativity and/or drama, and those people are never on my Friends' List for very long.

You may be a *****, but that's how you're cool. You can't be cool unless you're a *****, a li'l bit.

Facebook is great. My plan is to let them own me, or at least a share of me, along with Wal-Mart and McDonalds, so I can get free crap.

I'm also going to let it destroy my life and do nothing at all, but post on it with people that I have something in common with, while I trash talk another website that is set up to do the same thing and act like I'm better than "them".

Thanks Dave! Not only for the personal observation, but for your honesty ... and the humor surely doesn't hurt either. :-D

I use facebook to stay in touch with old friends and family. I even made my 66 cuda a facebook page. It seemed like the best place to record the resto.

I am on every day ....I post car pictures ....everyday. I have a new phone and I am having a hard time posting pictures here. I have a web site for my Media Blasting Shop and I get all of my work from Facebook.....

i use it all the time.. keep in touch with friends and family. have sold quite a few car parts with it too..

me and a couple friends keep each other motivated when we check in at the gym. i see a buddy is at his gym i think to myself i have to get my lazy *** there. hey it works for us..:)

and being that most businesses are on facebook you can go to their site and write about a poor experience with their company without having to call and go through all the phone menus. have used it a couple times for that and got pretty fast response...

and you do know that you can choose who can see you right? just have to play around in the preferences..

I am on every day ....I post car pictures ....everyday. I have a new phone and I am having a hard time posting pictures here. I have a web site for my Media Blasting Shop and I get all of my work from Facebook.....

with a smartphone i find it easiest to post pics here using photobucket..

i also use facebook for mopar misfits.. anyone can post about an event and everyone part of the group will see it.. just a real easy way to get in touch with a bunch of guys about car stuff.. :)

You all don't know what your are missing out on by not being able to see the powder **** and other stuff ;o) ;o) that Leanna shares on FB.

You all don't know what your are missing out on by not being able to see the powder ****.....

Heck, if that's all you wanted, you should've just asked!

30-crazy-makeup-lady.jpg

I use it, but only for nonserious issues, never work or hard personal life issues. those that get offended by my posts are usually delted or blocked. Facebook is not real life, you need to go outside.
The best part of Facebook is it has put me in touch with people I have not seen that in years and liked as people. Hell I found I have a buddy from HS 25 years ago lives 5 miles away and we didin;t even know it. Same town never saw each other.

plus being in a band it keeps the people interested in knowing what we are doing. also have a neighboehood watch type page set up where if someone posts it is an instant notification. Works for parties or intruders, which both instances have been used.

-
Back