Who is going to Norwalk possible meet and greet

-
I would like to go . It is late In sept right?

I've been there the past two years and a few back when the CC ran the event. You cant touch the place as far as drag strips, it's the best in the world IMO.

Last year we had a mishap with our Ram and a local guy we met at auto zone spent his whole weekend fixing our junk while we were at the track. He tried to do if all for free... we have to meet up with him this year for a few beers.

yep i posted this in the events thread,We will be there and yes it is one of the best facility,Worth the 6 hour drive for us,It will be a great weekend and hundreds of cars,You can camp and never have to leave the track if you don't want to.-Steve

quote=hotrodhoodlum;1970515134]My car will not be finished but im going anyway heard its the best track in the US. Maybe a possible meet and greet?

http://www.monstermopar.com/[/quote]I just booked a week off work for the Halloween Classics (Oct.19-26)at Norwalk.Lastyear was my first time going to Norwalk.I spent 5 days there racing and will have to say it was the best track I,ve had the chance to race at.Looking forward to going again.Top notch track!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 164
Count me ....and a few friends in.

Just a pleasant hour drive in a silver Duster.

Denny you bringing the tent and coffee?????????? We might have our motor-home by then so you can stop bye and have some coffee---Steve aka swifter

that's it, thanks for posting the pic.. it will be hard to recover after the fire. what a mess it made. I figure $2500 damage to the engine and front end components not counting the body.

just wondering........ I know Norwalk is known for its top racing.....i'm not a racer ( too poor!).... is it still big on the nostalgia racing stuff????? I've been to nats from 88 till about 2003. not been back since. never been to Norwalk.
wondering how it compares to nats far as show cars, swap, old nostalgia racing??? etc...?
I see ya pay for weekend pass and get FREE swap spot. ( sold all extra parts years ago) BUT seems like these guys really try hard to please!!??
long drive from s w Missouri, but sept weather shoe be nice!???? maybe camp out, b b que, meet some great FABO people, see the stuff, have a ball!??? poor mans vacation!!???????

There is some nostalgia racing, theres a hemi class, max wedge and Nostalgia Super Stock which runs on an index and brackets the index winners together.

The Nats are a car show first and race second, the Norwalk event is kinda opposite.. theres a lot more for racers then the Nats. They do get a good field of show cars if the weather is nice. I would take the Norwalk race over the Nats anyday... I'm not too big at looking at 50 hemi orange cudas parked in the grass... Rather see one go down the track.

just wondering........ I know Norwalk is known for its top racing.....i'm not a racer ( too poor!).... is it still big on the nostalgia racing stuff????? I've been to nats from 88 till about 2003. not been back since. never been to Norwalk.
wondering how it compares to nats far as show cars, swap, old nostalgia racing??? etc...?
I see ya pay for weekend pass and get FREE swap spot. ( sold all extra parts years ago) BUT seems like these guys really try hard to please!!??
long drive from s w Missouri, but sept weather shoe be nice!???? maybe camp out, b b que, meet some great FABO people, see the stuff, have a ball!??? poor mans vacation!!???????

it is a "mini" Nats....great facility......lots of racers, maybe 100(?) "display" cars. small swap meet.

For Ohio, it is just a little later in the year than most like...sometimes it gets downright chilly.

I enjoy it year after year.

-
Back