Who is self employed?

-
I'm self employed, too. The Company name is Commercial Door Installations. We do sales service and installation of commercial and industrial personnel doors, security doors, bullet proof doors, fire doors and blast doors.

Count me in the self employed group for many years.......or should I say barely self employed in this economy ;-)

I've been M&M Tool and Equipment for 21 years now. (A Mac tool dealer)
Mike

Self employed since 1986.

Electrical Engineering Field Services Co.

--

I'm self employed. I'm the 2nd generation of my families business. Business name is Consolidated Displays Inc. We design and manufacture trade show displays, point of sale displays, custom commercial store fronts, lobbies, showrooms, and museum displays.

I have been self employed as owner/operator of excavating business here in west central, Al.

I have been self-employed since I got out of school in 1973. I went to vo-tech for autobody repair and immediately opened my own shop. I rented various locations until I bought the building I'm in now in 1985. I stayed in the same little town all these years. For years I worked by myself or with one part time employee. I now have one part time employee and a nephew that is learning the trade. 2010 was probably the best year I've had in quite some time but I'd like to get out, I getting tired.
Dallas

I have been self employed since I started my business at the age of 12 after a learning curve of 3 years. I semi retired in 07 and touch base whenever I feel the need :)

Since I've been "officially" unemployed for over three years now, I guess I'm self employed. I do a little of just about everything. Mostly AV, photography, events and.....oh yeah MATS :toothy10:

I have been self employed for 24 years. Have employees on both sides of the border.

Self employed electrical contractor since 99.

Times are rough right now for sure but I'm still here uncle sam :thebirdm:

Mop

Be nice if the new firearms business gets to the point of ONLY self employed and not spending 6 months out of the year on flat bottomed turd-rolling towboats.

I own a commercial/residential cleaning company. This year is starting out great for me. MMG

Though most of you know me and my work by now, I'll get in on the thread for statistics purposes. I own and operate a custom powder coating shop in northwest Tennessee, and 9 out of 10 customers come from FABO. :-D

Thanks guys! I wouldn't be here without you. Website link and contact info below:

Leanna is the first name in the powder coating profession. Haven't used her services myself but all members who have, always report their great satisfaction with her work. :)

Self employed tile setter for 25 years now off and on. 2010 was a pretty crappy year up here. I hope 2011 is a better one so I can buy some needed parts for my 65 Barracuda project.

Self employed since 1990. We started out as 2 people and a few machines making parts and building hydraulic cylinders. As of now we have 3 buildings and about 55 employees. We specialize in large machine work and custom boring mostly for the hydraulic industry. We also manufacture hydraulic cylinders for small to medium size OEMs. It sucked for 10 years , wasn't bad for the next 5 , and now I actually don't mind going to work.

I quit my hospital job of 14 years in Aug of 09 and started a swimming pool company. Greyson Pool Services. We maintain, service and re-plaster swimming pools.
I have 31 full time customers and one part time employee.

I hope to triple that by the time it gets cold again next year.

I guess I am a relative newcomer to the self employed ranks,beggining last Febuary when My job of ten years ended.I am a service tech in the graphic arts field here in northern california.So far it seems to be a win win situation for both Me and My customers.

worked for a GM foundry for 25 years, 20 of which were as an industrial electrician. Forced into retirement due to plant closing. Can't bad-mouth GM though, I made a good living, and also learned a trade. After the plant closed in '95, my buddy and I went into business as electrical contractors. We do work for several local factories, one in particular keeps us busy almost full time. We also do electrical work for a lot of the local farmers. It can get a little crazy in the Fall with the grain dryers, and grain handling systems needing service.

-
Back