Who knows B bodies very well ?

-

pearljam724

Reaction score
Can a 360 engine and automatic 904 from a 76 Dart be easily swapped into a 72 Plymouth Scamp with an automatic slant 6 ?

Need 360 motor mounts for one thing. 72 and 76 mounts are different because of the K frame and 318-340 mounts are diff than 360. You'll probably need a bigger radiator unless you get it from the 76 duster.

you can use 340 mounts on a 360-or you can use 318 mounts on a 360 by adding a washer/spacer to the drivers side. but you can also use the /6 k-member and put the 360 in the 72 a body by using a pass side truck mount and bracket(thicker biscuit) and the 318/340 mount on thwe drivers side with normal a body biscuit.

Correction it’s a 318 not a 360. Yes, I have both cars with all parts in tact on each of them. So, all I would have to do is swap the engine and transmission mounts with the swap and it will work correct ? Propobably the wiring harness too ? Anything else ? I wasn’t sure if the frames are the same on both cars ?

Are you saying the K member has to be swapped ?
NO I am saying that.... maybe the V8 suspension would be more worthwhile. It is not that hard to changeout the K and thus suspension. You need v8 suspension? as is maybe discs, T bat, etc?????

Going from slant to v8 you will want correct radiator and the 7 1/4 will maybe prove small. There are a millions threads on such swaps.

I would swap K frame and torsion bars, steering linkage, brakes (if disc great) and up.

-
Back