who likes lawn tractors

-
Good lord, dude......I think I just got that "gleam" in my eyes. I could seriously do a cool resto on a li'l tractor like this! I've also got a soft spot in my heart for old Internationals.

PICT0354.jpg

PICT0351.jpg

Wish you were closer. I have one very similar (I believe it's a 104) that needs restored. Been waiting for my nephew to take it as a class project. High school Vo-ag instructor. One of these days???

Man, makes me think I need to grow some grass! Those are some sweet lawn mowers. Nah who the hell am I kidding.

Wish you were closer. I have one very similar (I believe it's a 104) that needs restored. Been waiting for my nephew to take it as a class project. High school Vo-ag instructor. One of these days???

Yeah definitely, I'll keep this filed in my cranium under "potentials".......it wouldn't be the first time I plotted my vacation destinations with slightly corrupted motives.....:D

Heres my 65 IH cub cadet 100, its got a ported and relieved 10 hp kohler, shaved head, chromo driveshaft, billet flywheels, kevlar clutch disc. mows like a mf'er

Very nice.

I have a thing for the older restored tractors. Its brings back memories of the past. I am into John Deeres and Sears Internationals and Cubs . Not so much Craftsman. The older the better.

Ok, here are my "Lawn Hotrods"....

i spent a few hours this morning cleaning up the rani mower ......its a year old and the deck was pretty green underneath so i removed the deck and scrub brushed it all clean.

and the hood had scratches on it from when someone set a dusty box of christmas lights on it during the winter :banghead:....so i used perfect-it 3 and buffed out the hood and then waxed it with carnuba wax .......now the hood reflects like a mirror :prayer: (see the sun behind the clouds in it :D)

i love the clean cast aluminum look of a newer Briggs and Straton.

now i need to reset the seat adjustment and get back on the turf.

who else loves lawn tractors ?....i dont mean those who simply use one to cut grass but those who love the sweet sound and every last aspect of them

My mother in law and her three sisters own this 75 acre tobacco farm 3 miles from my property. There are at least 6 other younger guys in the family whom could help keep the farm maintained (If they wanted to ). (worthless lazy asses).
So I am the one who keeps the farm in shape. I cut all the fields down twice a year with a 5 ft bush hog. Late spring and late fall. The family is so cheap , they won't buy any new equipment. ie, these twin 1948 Case Model SC Tractors they bought new in 1948!! Usually takes me 4days, 4 or 5 hrs at a time to cut it all.
I do hunt deer, geese, and turkey all the time over there. Since Im there most of the time, I know what comes and goes. Oh.... all the other family guys also hunt there!!! Go figure. I'm also the guy who maintains these antique tractors. Here I'm replacing a water pump. I don't think its been off in 50yrs either!!!. I'll get it back together this afternoon , I hope. Still got 3 days of cuttin to do.
My help just lays around!!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 002.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 005.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 009.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 013.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 021.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 019.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 155
I mowed with a 1973 IH Cub Cadet for years and stupidly sold it. Here is something I'll bet only a few of you have ever seen or heard about. I ran across this Gravely 1987? 18H several years ago. It has hydro steering, hydro Cat-0 3-point hitch in rear and hydro rock shafts in front. It also has front, center and rear PTO. This little work horse can lift 250-300 lbs. I have pushed 400-500 lb logs on to my trailer. I designed and built the front bucket. It is a lot of fun.

Attachments

• DSC01637.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 167
I keep the keys with me at all times Rani, I remove Caspers keys when I mow, I hope to set around a bon fire next to the Flip Flop inn soon , 19 hp Kohler twin engine.. I enjoy mowing my yard and taking care of this mower :D

Attachments

• OLD MEMORIES 115.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 146
  • OLD MEMORIES 114.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 148
Well Its finally done I will take some pics tomorrow. Then its out of here and I start on the Duster. I'll also be able to get some of the things down from upstairs that some guys want pics of. and serch for some parts wanted. Its been here for over 8 months. Finding the parts it needed was the hard part.

Attachments

• Picture 061.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 090.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 092.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 087.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture 084.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 082.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 086.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 024.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 022.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 023.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 143
Well Its finally done I will take some pics tomorrow. Then its out of here and I start on the Duster.

that came out beautiful ....probably better than when sears themselves did it the first go round.

im waiting for fall to start on the resto of mine .....its not as old or special but my dad bought it new :D

Attachments

• CIMG2715.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 132
we made all the decals including the dash decal from pics off the net and some that were left on the tractor

'Fraid mine ain't so purdy. I haven't even fired up the old yellow Sears since ??2 years?? ago. Last couple -three years I plowed the alley with either the Cletrac, now gone, or the little Farmall --I adapted my beat up old Meyers to the front hoist

Bought a smaller Ariens walk behind "that I think I can handle." The little Sears walk behind is same HP and absolutely worthless. Poor design of the impeller / discharge.

at least this thread proves to my dad that im not crazy ....when I told him I wanted to fix up the old mower and make it pretty again ...he looked at me strange .....then he told me im wasting my time and to call someone to haul it off.

now I showed him this thread and other people doing it and he still looks at me like im a weirdo but now he said "ok, do whatever you want, just don't make a mess" :cheers::cheers:

The owner dropped off the Deck . snow blower and a snow blade he also wants restored for this tractor. My duster is now next . Then I have a 72 big block duster here that is getting done

Attachments

• b40[1].jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0278[1].jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 059.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 058.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 057.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Picture 056.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 132
Huh.....I feel poor. Some of yall got nicer mowers than my daily driver. Must be nice is all I can say.

I have a 42 in 17 HP Kohler (largest single) Craftsman that I got cheap (33% off) as it was a customer return.
Can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would return it.

It's been the best mower I've ever owned.

I finally had to put a drive belt on it after nearly 11 years, and I tweaked the adjustment on the clutch.
Now it pulls the wheels if started in 5th or 6th.

Not bad for a front engine setup. It never did that, even when new.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKYnRvFlzc"]Hank Hill - "Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV2MehkFcTw"]Tim Taylor on a Lawn Mower - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDRI8lbuftg"]Home Improvement - The Great Lawn Mower Race - YouTube[/ame]

I'm a nut job I guess but I love to cut grass.In the 80's I used to mow 15 acres, and now in the summers I visit my Brother(PA) and mow about 4 acres.I had Case,Cub Cadet,Sears,Toro Wheel Horse,Gravely.Now we use the 25 year old Toro's ,Sears ,and a 1947 Cub with a belly mower.In Nevada my grass is 8'x10'. Takes longer to get the mower out and put away than it does to mow.
Every time I go to Home Depot or Lowes the first stop is to look at mowers.(Nut Job !)

the Mason 5000..Hamk , Bill and Dale agree that "When you drive a Mason...Nothing else cuts it!"

Attachments

• 131896.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 237
I use a 67 Economy Power King for the lawn. For the field I have Oliver Tractors. A 77 Standard with a loader, 77 Row Crop, 60 Row Crop, 66 Super Row Crop, 88 Row Crop and a 1800A checker board. Right now they all wear work clothes and work in the field still.

Huh.....I feel poor. Some of yall got nicer mowers than my daily driver. Must be nice is all I can say.

The lawn mower you see I posted I bought from a friend for $650.00 Rob, no way will I ever spend big bucks for a mower when there is plenty of folks moving or upgrading around my area, as you can see it is a used one and it mows my 2 acres and it is used to carry the trash down the hill to the road.
Thank goodness I have 300 oak trees or I would be mowing none stop to keep up, I like driving down my road to see my property mowed :D
It is a 2006 model and bigger then the old one I had, rides smoother and has a bigger seat with a cup holder :D Brother has a 210 John Deere that is down,(mower deck needs rebuilt) so I let him take it for a cruise for therapy, he enjoys time out side and this was when he lost his job, He knew I don't let anyone us It, I keep his place mowed and he walked outside watching me and I could tell he would enjoy some time on it, he know has a job and doing better.

Attachments

• Breather bottom 4 barrel 024.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 116
-
Back