Who made these?

-

Shvlhead

Reaction score
Finally found a set of fender headers for my 65 Dart but have no idea what company made them. They are not Cyclone, they are stamped 4101 and probably 35 years old. Would like to know if anyone out there knows anything about these. Thanks.
Tow 006.jpg
Tow 007.jpg
Tow 004.jpg

The white coating reminds me of the Black Jack header coating. But I don't know who's headers those are. They look good!
How is plug access at number 6 & 8?

They look just like the JR headers that were sold in this thread:

[SOLD] - Fenderwell headers, small block, "A" body
I think you're right, they do look the same except mine turn under the body and aim out towards the back of the car, I'll bet they made two models. mine are 4101, ones in the photos are 4252 and dump straight down. I will keep looking around, I understand one of the guy's from JR now owns MD headers, I'll send them an email and see if anyone there knows anything. Thanks for the info.
They look just like the JR headers that were sold in this thread:

[SOLD] - Fenderwell headers, small block, "A" body

The white coating reminds me of the Black Jack header coating. But I don't know who's headers those are. They look good!
How is plug access at number 6 & 8?

These are great headers, I don't understand why someone is not producing these. They work with PS and PB. I think they are made by JR, like the photos dibbons posted above. The hole ended up being larger than planned because I made the mistake of buying Hooker super competition headers for $650 which come in 8 pieces, two pipes under the frame and two though the fender well you're supposed to silicone together as you go and do NOT fit with a TF-727 or a 4 speed. How many people are running TF-904's in "Super Competition" I know there is a hand full but no one I know, I called Hooker and they didn't know if they would fit a TF-727??? To answer your ? about number 6 & 8, good ? and the reason for the late reply, I had to go look. They can be had from under the hood with a swivel socket but a piece of cake from under the fender though the large hole made for the Hooker's with a long extension and swivel, see photo.
Tow 013.jpg

When I cut the holes for my Cyclone fenderwell headers ('65 Valiant), one hole was too large because I got the templates switched left to right (easy to screw up that way).

When I cut the holes for my Cyclone fenderwell headers ('65 Valiant), one hole was too large because I got the templates switched left to right (easy to screw up that way).
You wouldn't have any photos of the Cyclone headers by chance. Thanks for your reply and photos of the JR's!

-
Back