Who makes quality parts?

-

Velocity111

Reaction score
I’m replacing the motor relay, ballast, and ignition module in my car, and while there is plenty of China made crap out there, I haven’t found any place that might make quality parts for a premium.

Can anyone recommend a good mfg for the above mentioned ignition parts?

thanks!

standard or NAPA (echlin) never let me down

NAPA is junk or at least some of it is. Virtually every single old school U.S. brand name has been bought out, china-izationized or other wise sourced from third party. Dorman is a hell of a good example.

NAPA is junk or at least some of it is. Virtually every single old school U.S. brand name has been bought out, china-izationized or other wise sourced from third party. Dorman is a hell of a good example.

I have had good luck with (echlin) on other projects and up to 2 months ago a Brass cap and rotor for a prestolite dual point

Contact @halifaxhops He deals in new old stock ignition parts and distributor Restoration and re-curving. The stuff built in the 70's is miles ahead of today's products.

I appreciate all the input. Dealer and distributors to talk with are one thing, but I am looking for today’s current mfg of quality parts, whether it’s an OEM or a specialty shop making their own niche. Again I appreciate the leads.

Get American-made parts from Old Car Parts Northwest.
Yea but, I don’t remember Chrysler/ Mopar having a stellar quality record back when those parts were new,,,
And those were the parts they built with. Also, some parts are stable setting on a shelf, many are not, depends upon the environmental storage factors.
NOS is great for parts like fenders and bumpers, for electronic devices, they are certainly no better than they were 60 years ago. Actually soldering, circuit boards, terminal connectors are much better today than they were 60 years ago.

-
Back