who re-splines axles?

-
Reaction score
Having an E-body housing narrowed for my 63 wagon, should I get the e body axles shortened and re-splined ? or buy new axles ? want to go the cheapest way. Who shortens and re-splines axles ? thanks Joe B.:read2:

I believe Moser will re-spline them for you?When I narrowed a C-body housing,I ordered shorty axels from Strange.Top notch service!

Currie out on the west coast, but Axles are now almost generic, they stock cutters and basically cut and spline to order. Consider shipping yours, cutting and splining and the return strip to a pair of custom Yukon axles shipped. Close to a wash and youll be getting NEW axles, not 40 year old twisties.

a shop in Ocala Fl. said they would shorten the housing and re-spline the axles for $250 . . . .about an hour drive away, be there Tuesday !!

a shop in Ocala Fl. said they would shorten the housing and re-spline the axles for $250 . . . .about an hour drive away, be there Tuesday !!

Call Dr. Diff and get a fresh set of axles/bearings/long studs for about $335 shipped.

Currie and Sutton out here in CA can do it, but, it just doesn't make a lot of sense unless it can be done for less than half the cost of new.

For 250 vs 335 I'd go with new parts. Don't forget fuel and time...

You can get NEW axles that haven't been fatigued to there life expectancy for $320 from moser....

30 yr old PLUS stuff....

Rather another $200 then it breaks and RUINS the quarter, or wreck the car....

-
Back