who rebuilds 340 dual point prestolite distributors

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get one of these rebuilt? the nicer of the two is in pretty good shape , but the upper bushing is a little worn. for some reason they are both painted a different color of orange .

IMG_4902.jpeg

IMG_4903.jpeg

They should be black only or natural for some AAr's. I can do them PM me if needed.

Last edited:
I dont belive so or it will not be a good ground through the base. I have gotten a few in rattled caned. Look at the nos ones on the web.

One on the left looks like GM red the other Mopar orange. People have been messing with these for years also a lot of mis matched parts in them. Great example I paid $500 for a core it was a total train wreck inside wrong clocked shaft and advance cam. No real way to see it when it is together.

Last edited:
Should be a satin black. Sounds like when they painted a motor they used it to plug the hole. Not that uncommon I get aluminum ones in like that all the time.

Last edited:
the one on the left was in the engine when i bought the car 30+ years ago. The whole engine was painted that chevy color. the guy i got it from had it since the mid 70’s. i don’t think people cared about factory correct colors back then . It would be nice to take it back to close to original with out going too crazy.

If you're doing a 100 point show car, sure, put on all the factory overspray and paint drips. I just couldn't bring myself to do that otherwise. Since mine was mostly painted red, I just went ahead and painted the whole thing red. After doing so, I think painting it black would give it a better contrast, but, not a big deal to me either way. Do it whichever way looks the best to you.

How about The Carburetor Shop in Forest Lake MN, he is a genious with distributors also, especially Mopars

-
Back