Who sells 1- 7/8 headers for 68 barracuda

-

peterOZ

Reaction score
Swapping my 360 in 68 fastback barracuda to 440 . Done plenty of research and phone calls to Tti & Schumacher and no one seems to have the 1 7/8 headers to fit A body with power steer.
Going through fenders is out of the question as I don't want to cut into the car.

My 440 is currently at 470- 500 hp with O. E heads. I want to be able to have a header were I can have the option to add 100hp through head / Cam / comp if I chose too in future.
Schumacher has them at 1 5/8. Which will kill any potential future power gain & TTi s bigger 2" maybe over flowing it.

What have others done in similar situation? Go custom? Is there any other company who does over the counter long tubes without sitting to low.

Swapping my 360 in 68 fastback barracuda to 440 . Done plenty of research and phone calls to Tti & Schumacher and no one seems to have the 1 7/8 headers to fit A body with power steer.
Going through fenders is out of the question as I don't want to cut into the car.

My 440 is currently at 470- 500 hp with O. E heads. I want to be able to have a header were I can have the option to add 100hp through head / Cam / comp if I chose too in future.
Schumacher has them at 1 5/8. Which will kill any potential future power gain & TTi s bigger 2" maybe over flowing it.

What have others done in similar situation? Go custom? Is there any other company who does over the counter long tubes without sitting to low.

Go 2" right off the bat. U`ll need them anyway if u ever want more h.p. I don't think 2" is too big for 440 cubes anyway ! Youcan always choke them w/ the
muffler and exhaust system.

ufflers and exhaust

Google is your friend.

Yes , i have spent many hrs on google going from site to site , link to link but nothing seems to lead to were i need it to be.
I have looked up and even called these companys , to no through rd.
There must be a way. I dont really want to be outlaying the big dollars they are asking to custom make them down here.

Go 2" right off the bat. U`ll need them anyway if u ever want more h.p. I don't think 2" is too big for 440 cubes anyway ! Youcan always choke them w/ the
muffler and exhaust system.

Thanks Famous Bob, i will look into that option and speak to my eng builder.

ufflers and exhaust

Thanks Famous Bob, i will look into that option and speak to my eng builder.

Last edited:
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/ I did ‘t see, TTI doesn’t list big block in A body headers. Nor does Hedman. But the do list the “Race headers for big blocks in A bodies.

Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group

MoPars start on page 5;
https://www.hedman.com/drag-racing-headers

Thanks for the link. i had a quick look and they are all 2" :( Out of the 3 or 4 links to suit my car, 1 of them are showing fender exit. i will open up and go through them all. i will call them as well. Does not look like they will have the 1 7/8. Worth me calling them anyway. thanks for the link.

'
Thanks for the link. i had a quick look and they are all 2" :( Out of the 3 or 4 links to suit my car, 1 of them are showing fender exit. i will open up and go through them all. i will call them as well. Does not look like they will have the 1 7/8. Worth me calling them anyway. thanks for the link.
Have u looked at jegs and summit ? they list them , or did .

-
Back