Who sells a 3/8 fuel sending unit with no return line?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I installed a new fuel tank in my 70 Dart swinger slant six,It was a single line Tank no return before i changed direction, now i have a 470 stroker going in, i tried to order a 3/8 sending unit with no return line from Classic Industries ,they said there vendor no longer has them ,any suggestions ? Do I need a return line? Where can i get one with 1 line or do i need to get a new tank?

Worst case scenario, pop a vacuum cap on the return and call it good

I installed a new fuel tank in my 70 Dart swinger slant six,It was a single line Tank no return before i changed direction, now i have a 470 stroker going in, i tried to order a 3/8 sending unit with no return line from Classic Industries ,they said there vendor no longer has them ,any suggestions ? Do I need a return line? Where can i get one with 1 line or do i need to get a new tank?

521 restorations !!
logo.gif

if i got a 1/2" unit do i need a 1/2" fuel line also ?
Are you running electric or mechanical fuel pump. Couldn't hurt running 1/2in being you got a stroker motor, at least up to pump. That's what I did with a 500 horsepower motor

Last edited:
I plan to order one also. Glad I found this thread as my 70 Duster 340 did not have this vent/return line and seems most places sell one with it.

I bought a 1/2' sending unit with no return, and am putting car together now, doing the fuel system. Which way should I go in terms of pump, electric or mechanical? Hearing a lot of differing opinions. 408 build with just under 490hp. Seems silly to have electric pump and no return. Not even sure I understand fully how dead head works.

-
Back