Who wants to hear an LS spin to 11,000 rpm ?

-

67 gt

A Wog boy who loves his Mopars !
Reaction score
No torque or Hp numbers they just wanted to see if it was capable to achieve .

I sure would be curious to see the torque and power curves at that RPM.

Rusty it’s a 358ci LS7 based peak hp @ 9300Rpm 921. Torque 545@8200

Then it would still have to be making appreciable power "up there", wouldn't it? I wonder how long it would stay "up there"? I bet longer than you might imagine. Have you ever torn an LS down? They are not unimpressive.

That was fun.. Nice guy too. A friend of mine had a a small cube Chevy that I have seen over 10,000 the telltale was stuck on 11,500. Everything has to work perfect at that rpm. I am impressed with the Nascar engines running between 8 and 10,000 for a few hours.

Have you never watched any Formula 1 racing?

A v8 at about 20+k. If you listen carefully you can hear the "blown diffuser" effect. This was using the engine as an air pump under deceleration to blow air across an aerodynamic device. 2.2L around 900hp.

A v8 at about 20+k. If you listen carefully you can hear the "blown diffuser" effect. This was using the engine as an air pump under deceleration to blow air across an aerodynamic device. 2.2L around 900hp.

2.2L and 900HP. That's crazy man, crazy.

2.2L and 900HP. That's crazy man, crazy.

Check out the BMW m10 engine. It was an 80hp street car engine that BMW built into an F1 engine. Turbo 1.5L that pegged their dyno at 1250bph. They figured it was close to 1400hp at full boost but couldn't measure it because the dyno didn't read that high. Now imagine that in a car that weighs less than 1200 pounds?

Sounds just like an old M/P engine from back in the day...still my fav engine sound..high C...

-
Back