Who wants to play in my sandbox?

-

bschubarg

Reaction score
tearing down my tweener to locate a knock I removed the freeze plugs...I scooped out several tablespoons of casting sand gathered next to the #1 and #8 water passages... and I can see a lot more to be removed by pressure washer...makes me wonder if I can look forward to a cooler running engine....

Pics

1622AA1E-CA7A-441F-86E4-F91B1F9DC6C0.jpeg

ABD5B2FE-6E21-477B-957D-7C32D2469E65.jpeg

5D29C539-B39A-4640-953E-2B565CAFD6FB.jpeg

I can’t see how it wouldn’t... just the fact of removing the volume occupying allows more water not to mention flow.... and sand, last I heard is not a conductor...

Check the radiator. It's probably full of that crap. So is the heater core. Use a good high volume water pump (I like the Milodon the best) and you'll be golden.

Check the radiator. It's probably full of that crap. So is the heater core. Use a good high volume water pump (I like the Milodon the best) and you'll be golden.
Great idea about heater core.... have new rad and using stock pump... never had an issue with stock....

If you have a cat, you could put the sand in a box !!!!!
Yote
These two first graders are in a sandbox, a boy and a girl. The girl drops her pants and asks whats that to the boy. The boy says "I dunno". And the same thing happens with the boy. The same day when they went home the girl asked her mom the same question she asks the boy "whats that" and the mom says "thats your garage dont let any cars park in it." And the boy asks the same question to his dad and he says "thats your car park it in any garage you want." The next day the girl says "mommy mommy a little boy tried to park his car in my garage but it wouldn't fit so I took the wheels off."

Remnants.... after already having taken several tablespoons of sand....

9E8810C2-D8F1-4AC7-BE25-9DBAE7FFD989.jpeg

EB759CA4-3E02-4A8F-8006-20AD77129C8C.jpeg

If you didn't have an issue before, why would you expect it to run cooler?
Good question... the radiator I have is overkill and no I didn’t have any issues however like all of us here striving for efficiency... I ask you... why not...if anything i shaved a pound of crap

thats nothing bro, I took out half a pound of grit from an old 273 that I received. Take the core plugs out the crank flange end and see whats living in there! I removed the rear smaller plugs and it was a solid wall of funk.

-
Back