Who would like to help/ SB to BB

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
This has been in the back of my head for some time,my 69 dart with the 360 works real good,but a 383 BB is what I would like big time.So who would like to help me put a BB in my 69 dart.I am thinking of collecting parts this winter and next summer and do the change over the winter of 2013:cheers: if I can afford this swap.So what i need is all advice and the parts needed, and if able P#sssss. PS I plan on headers which ones hug the best.Thanks guyssssssssss.

For the swap, IIRC, the things you'll really need are the swap mounts from Schmaucher, bigger cooling system, throttle cable/kick down cable, shortened driveshaft and a decent rear, tti headers ...........

Schmaucher makes a set of headers that are suposed to fit nice. Bigger T bars may be nice depending on what you got now.

Thanks so far I all ready have the 489 rear,the oil pan could be hard to get.I will give this a few days to see what ya come up with than take notessssssss.Nice thing Cindy is all for the swap to.Now Steve keep your mind out of the gutter LOL.

Snake,count me in,I can come down and help you for the weekend,eat your food and drink your beer and wine and liquor,if I start friday night,I might not stop till sunday night.OK,Hide all the food and beer and wine and liquor,and I will just work,mrmopartech
call me 450 424 0445/514 659 0445

doing the inner fender mod ( like SS hemi darts) helps with the BB due to the angle of the exh ports...

just a thought

This has been in the back of my head for some time,my 69 dart with the 360 works real good,but a 383 BB is what I would like big time.So who would like to help me put a BB in my 69 dart.I am thinking of collecting parts this winter and next summer and do the change over the winter of 2013:cheers: if I can afford this swap.So what i need is all advice and the parts needed, and if able P#sssss. PS I plan on headers which ones hug the best.Thanks guyssssssssss.
Go with the Schumacher mounts, they are easy to install with little trimming on the drivers side mount, now I like the headers they make. The fit is really nice.

its an easy swap. depends on the power out put you want as to what header to go with.. the schumachers from the ones i have see and heard about fit great. other then that its cake. easiest way is to just go with schumacher mounts. truly a bolt in deal.. ofcourse you'll need a big block trans. if you have a small block 727 then the driveshaft should fit. if you have a 904 then it will have to be shorter...

Hey Snake. Have you got disc's on the front of the 69, if not you'll need them, subframe connectors if you want the doors to continue to line up after a few years. Torque boxes if you go for the throat HP wise. Schmacher are your best bet up to 500 HP then TTI full tube headers. The Schmachers are the easiest to put in even with power steering and you "WILL NOT" have to modify the fenders for spark plug access. 3 core rad and there are some nice relatively cheap high effiency aluminum ones out there. Pinion snubber on the 8 3/4" with sure grip of course and for added giggles a high stall convertor. Tons of choices for the 383 like heads, cam, roller rockers or roller cam and don't waste you money on any other intake than a RPM Performer, strip/street 383's love them. Stay away from 71 383's most came with cast cranks otherwise any of the earlier engines came with forged. If you go with iron heads I'd highly recommend the 915's with the large exhaust valves as the 915 is a closed chamber head and will give you .5-1 more point of compression which you will need because the biggest problem is finding pistons for a 383 that'll go zero deck. Essentially piston choice sucks.

Have fun ya big LUG:toothy5:

All right you guys are doing a great job with my home work,What realy speared me on was last Tuesday night cruise in a guy came in with a 71 Duster with the 383 BB had the shue headers on and mounts,never got to talk to the owner but everything cleared real nice.First I got to find a good 383 and tranny.

Snake,count me in,I can come down and help you for the weekend,eat your food and drink your beer and wine and liquor,if I start friday night,I might not stop till sunday night.OK,Hide all the food and beer and wine and liquor,and I will just work,mrmopartech
call me 450 424 0445/514 659 0445

I hope you like Kraft dinner my friend :tongue8:

Let us know what cam shaft so I can keep an eye out on the correct intake Snake:thumrigh:
400 and 383 share the same intake if I am thinking correctly this morning
Yall know there are many 383 intakes floating around my area :glasses7:

Let us know what cam shaft so I can keep an eye out on the correct intake Snake:thumrigh:
400 and 383 share the same intake if I am thinking correctly this morning
Yall know there are many 383 intakes floating around my area :glasses7:

Thanksssssssssss buddy,I have gotten some great advice here,so after Christmas I hope to start finding parts.Cindy says we should get everything than do the switch when we repaint the car,was and still not happy with the body work of the car, pain job was awesome.This could now turn into a 3 year parts search ,install the BB then remove and disassemble for paint.

-
Back