Who's into Pinball?

-
I had a Tekken II stand up for a little while.

Wouldn't mind a Pole Position or a Battle Zone (dating myself).

I'm absolutely bonkers for any Williams Comet/Cyclone/Funhouse/Pinbot/Taxi series.

Also really dug Black Knight.

I have a 1980 Bally "Space Invaders" pinball machine. Have never played it sadly. It's in storage in another city because it was too hard to get it up the three flights of insanely narrow stairs into my apartment when I moved.

Actually the machine hasn't been played in about 15 years. Bought it from a bar. Customers complained it was too noisy so the owner put the machine into a back room and there is say. Paid $300 for it. Figured it would be worth that in parts at least.

Not my machine but shows what it used to look like:

image-20.jpg

I have High Speed and Dr. Who multi ball machines!!

No pictures.... They're buried in the basement....

I have a 1980 Bally "Space Invaders" pinball machine. Have never played it sadly. It's in storage in another city because it was too hard to get it up the three flights of insanely narrow stairs into my apartment when I moved.

Actually the machine hasn't been played in about 15 years. Bought it from a bar. Customers complained it was too noisy so the owner put the machine into a back room and there is say. Paid $300 for it. Figured it would be worth that in parts at least.

Not my machine but shows what it used to look like:

image-20.jpg

Want to sell it? lol..

Here is a picture of my three machines!

I restored a Doctor Who pinball machine in the past but my brother has it now.

Thanks,
Darin

Attachments

• Game Room.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 274
I have a great story about High Speed. It was one of the first mulit-ball machines to come out at our local arcade. My friends and I used to go to the Bremen Mall and play it all the time when it came out.

Many years later after college, I was sent to a small town in Arkansas for my first job. My gf and I had a small shotgun wedding down there. The day we got married, her, her sister, her dad, and I were in town at the local pool hall passing time before the wedding and they had a High Speed machine there. I played it and had the best game ever....

Over 4,500,000 for one game, I got three free games for my score and another for setting the all time high score on that machine. Woo Hoo... But we had to leave for the wedding, and I had to leave the free games on the machine....

So if you walked into the pool hall on Main Street in Blytheville, AR on Nov 12, 1990 and found 4 free games on it, YOU'RE WELCOME....

A few years later, we found one at a shop on Woodward Ave near Detroit, MI.

Here it is. It is my favorite machine:

View attachment High Speed A02 B.jpg

View attachment High Speed A04 B2.jpg

i'll post pic's tonight.Nice to know I'm not the only Pinball fan!

Are you kiddin'???

I LOVE pinball. "Ever since I was a young kid..." :glasses7:

"Pinball Wizard" was my motto. I spent my allowance in pinball machines every week. I got to be good friends with the girls at the snack bar at the pool. They would lock up at closing time, and then we would have pinball contests. :D

Not only did my grandpa die on Christmas Day when I was 8 years old, my parents gave my brother the jr pinball machine and I got the stinking hockey game.... I wanted the pinball machine. Even though it was small plastic and sat on the floor, it was still a jr pinball machine. :pale:

My brother didn't play pinball like me. Why did they give it to him??? I practically lived in the arcade and spent all my money on pinball.... :???:

That was strike two for my worst Christmas ever..... :twisted:

And I'm a huge Keith Moon fan.... :prayer:

[ame]http://youtu.be/aOUqRZkR8dE[/ame]

Flash Gordon was the game of choice at my home, I played that thing for years--- the first night i brought it home, i drank beer & played until 3 am!!

Sadly it has moved on my family never played it & was taking up space-- ran into a local pinball fan & he gave it a good home. Lawrence

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 044.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture 001.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 205
I'm really getting hooked! I might just make a pinball Mancave in the basement! lol..I have Little Chief and Grand Tour,4 million BC being refurbished..I want more!

Attachments

• 20150108_183809.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 228
Before I got my machines and had just had my first son. We had this computer game called "Hyper 3D Pinball". It ran on Windows 95 machines in DOS mode.

It was so realistic, that my son started playing it when he was 4. We were in a Meijer store and they had a pinball machine when he was 5. We put in some money in, and he took right to it. The computer game was so realistic, he had the eye hand coordination to hit the ball a 5-6 times with the flipper before it would go down the side or center... Not bad for a beginner in his first real game...

I'm really getting hooked! I might just make a pinball Mancave in the basement! lol..I have Little Chief and Grand Tour,4 million BC being refurbished..I want more!

Is it hard to play them tipped on their side like that? :happy1:

Before I got my machines and had just had my first son. We had this computer game called "Hyper 3D Pinball". It ran on Windows 95 machines in DOS mode.

It was so realistic, that my son started playing it when he was 4. We were in a Meijer store and they had a pinball machine when he was 5. We put in some money in, and he took right to it. The computer game was so realistic, he had the eye hand coordination to hit the ball a 5-6 times with the flipper before it would go down the side or center... Not bad for a beginner in his first real game...

I grew up on that as well.

There is another game called "Pinball Arcade". Sadly the price of the game is stupidly silly because you have to buy different packages of machines. BUT all the machines in this game are actual pinball machines.

-
Back