Who's Knowledegble about Sleds?

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
Im thinking it will take a Mopar Dude from Canada to input, But I did a Compression Test on my 2004 800 H.O Renegade tonight it wasn't hot but warm and got 102,109 Psi. The Machine has 4500km On it so thinking may be into a top end? Was told today from fella that works on them 120psi would be good mine has lots of KM so thinking Im low? D

realy it only depends on the cylinder to cylinder psi to have only 5 percent difference. 109 isnt that bad some gauges very alot one would say 135 and another would say 100 so if its running good and that close in comp. i wouldnt wory to mutch.

Sounds o.k for another season,just remember that there nicasill cylinders(chrome)and costly to replace.I know as I had my 700 twin redone.

Time for rings. You will notice the difference. Like Scott says, you likely would get through a season. I'd be worried about wrecking a cylinder though. New rings would be preventive maintenance.

.... i have a mod 800 ho rev 2005... when it was new stock had 135 psi... I'm running mine at 160 ish now. A stock 600 with higher miles we took apart had 110psi and run perfect and motor was spotless inside.

Also i know some 2004 revs had a problem with the rings. Also with your rev i would check the reed cages boots to see if they are cracked. About every rev that comes here has that problem

If you need anymore info on revs let me know, lol i think theres 5 of them at the shop right now.

pics of mine.. got one of yours
S5002058.jpg
[/IMG]

I know very little about sleds, but a body of mine had low compression and it turned out to be the reed valves, or at least issues with them. By the time he got the sled back he sunk $1000 into it. One reason why I sold my sled, even though it was a 91. They are fun, but very costly fun

Thanks Guys, I kinda been told by buddies same thing even before the comp test just cause of the Kilometers. Get it done so don't blown it up and spend the big bucks. Buddies Summit is in miles and his poped at I believe 3000 Miles or so. D

Attachments

• DSCN0395.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 99
So I have a good buddy quite confident to do the Pistons in my sled said this will be the 8th one he has done with no problems, He suggested "WEISCO" Pistons". I trust his judgement even tho I will look around for advice? While We have it apart any upgrades(reeds)? or any thing else to look for? Thanks D

Yes time for a top end . Check the intake boots, make sure no rips or tears or pop goes the cly.
It is also time for new primary and secondary springs.

Do not reuse the cyl head o rings. We made that mistake tiwce. Once with our snow cross sled when we did not have any and the first time with our 925 machz drag sled.

Yes time for a top end . Check the intake boots, make sure no rips or tears or pop goes the cly.
It is also time for new primary and secondary springs.

Do not reuse the cyl head o rings. We made that mistake tiwce. Once with our snow cross sled when we did not have any and the first time with our 925 machz drag sled.
Ill make sure my buddy knows about the cyl head Oring cause I have no clue whats in there hope I Can just by complete kit. Im curious about the springs tho, I know clutching is just about everything. D

have your buddy change out the primary and secondary spring. The primary sags out and will change RPM throughtout the band. The secondary sags and allows the belt to slip more or lacks backshift. Most of us replace them every year.
THe 800's and 600's had a common problem of when you hit the throttle it would get up to peak rpm and if you back off and hit again it would only reach a fairly lower peak. Primary spring

-
Back