Who's Soild roller lifters are you using?

-

bones427

Reaction score
I am putting a soild roller roller in my 340 and would like to know who's lifters everybody is using and why?

Depends what you want to spend. How much grinding on the head you want to do. Is the engine apart? are you going to tube the block. Bush the lifter bores to make sure the cam timing is correct in every cylinder, or verify the cam timing is correct in every hole?

the roller lifters that Brian sells...drop in...need no tubing..they cover up the oil galleries..

and his are cheaper then the same lifter from CompCams

I was told to run 120 or 180deg. offset lifters to help with the pushrod angle anyone doing this?

comp cam 928/16

with a .630 lift cam no problem with the push rod
haul in the w2 heads it doesnt leak oil from the lifter bore
didnt need to tube the block but hade make room for them

that is a spring no. comp no. is 8043 or a 828 is std roller.

comp cam 928/16

with a .630 lift cam no problem with the push rod
haul in the w2 heads it doesnt leak oil from the lifter bore
didnt need to tube the block but hade make room for them
not worried about the hole trying to staighten the pushrod angle.

Comp 828-16s. They don't need a lot of grinding in the valley (some not at all). They are durable on the street. The cost isn't outrageous. I will not run a solid roller without bushing the lifter bores. So oil control is no issue on mine.

hughes has some but they look awful heavy. skirt goes almost to bottom of the wheel.

All of the lifters designed to keep the oil passage covered will be heavier. The body has to be longer, so they'll always be heavier.

Has anybody tried the Bullet pressure fed bearing rollers? I think Herbert's has that too.

-
Back