Why do I need to allow cookies

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden I need to allow cookies on this site to use the edit feature or check to see who left an agree or disagree on a post? Or use the edit button.

Why is this?

Yeah me too what gives? Stop tracking me you may not like what you see.
The one's you have to worry about don't leave a trail. lol
I'm not having any cookie problems, my security is doing it's job.

All of a sudden I need to allow cookies on this site to use the edit feature or check to see who left an agree or disagree on a post? Or use the edit button.

Why is this?

Probably because the site software uses cookies to determine when it was that you last visited (more accurately, that the same person has returned). If it doesn't know when you last visited with respect to your current visit, it won't "know" what reactions to your posts you've already viewed. Not sure about editing posts, I think there used to be a time limit on that but it doesn't appear there is now. If there's a time limit, and the cookies are letting the site track the time of your visits/posts, then it could mess up post editing as well.

Most websites nowadays need at least some cookies enabled to function properly. Depending on your web browser you should be able to allow "essential" cookies while still blocking cross-site tracking.

Everyone that had issues earlier is ok now from what they said. Joey has been contacted.

Last edited:
Thanks toolman.

I just never got why a cookie for tracking me was ever needed or there biz.

book-kid-give-mouse-cookie-politics.png

So who's buyin the milk? .....and I want whole milk, not that watered down bs.

Another thing cookies do is keep track of posts you've read so the "new posts" actually reflects that for each user.

Checking edit feature now…

And everything is working as intended.

Thanks everyone, thanks Joeychgo

-
Back