why do people help make old cars look bad

-
Glad the owner likes it...That look doesn't appeal to me on anything including the " so called rat rods" but that's another thread.

rat rods?
dont get me started on them, now there is a group of people pulling out all stops to cut corners and skim on paint and bodywaork

:steering::steering::steering:You're car looks good also @ScampMike.

quick, someone grab a box of participation trophies

:poke:

wooohooo - this is better than getting into the phone book!! :lol: - hey, what did you ever do with yours? still have it?

Still have it....Can't make up my mind to sell it or keep it....Need to get my health right then will decide for sure. I might add I spend a couple hours every other day doing small things to it even though it's 105 degrees in the garage at 10 pm at night just for something to do and maybe get motivated to either S##t or get off the pot.

Last edited:
your not done with that paint yet get on it man I'm waiting to see the finished product. Is that the water base still on it or are you done practicing.
It's back to primer now and I do have the templates for the rivets, not as many as before, and I have the proper colors (black silver, brown, white) all in DuPont so as soon as I get time I'll be starting over and doing the whole car correctly! Now someone needs to stop doing the rain dance....it's rained so much here in Tennessee I got stuck pulling two valiants home yesterday. Stupid rain >.>

But I do believe this shirt I have explains all of our feelings here. Everyone has their own way of doing things....but this is perfect

IMG_0986.JPG

It's back to primer now and I do have the templates for the rivets, not as many as before, and I have the proper colors (black silver, brown, white) all in DuPont so as soon as I get time I'll be starting over and doing the whole car correctly! Now someone needs to stop doing the rain dance....it's rained so much here in Tennessee I got stuck pulling two valiants home yesterday. Stupid rain >.>

i would really REALLY like to see that shot at the imports come back
(you know what im talking about)

grilles, i thought we were talking about bumpers?

kinda funny you brought up grilles, because i have been outspoken in my opinion on painting bumpers...but i guess i dont fel the same when it comes to grilles
(i didnt want to fix/restore the stock grille in the duster, so i bought this 69 valiant grille, and partly painted it)

View attachment 1715064247
That's cool to me because that's what I did on my '70 Duster that was my daily driver back in the mid-80s. The car was a mechanical beast but a rat on the interior and body...

Duster-Demon-Dart small.jpg

That's cool to me because that's what I did on my '70 Duster that was my daily driver back in the mid-80s. The car was a mechanical beast but a rat on the interior and body...

View attachment 1715065262
That's pretty cool, i remember seeing that picture when I was looking for ideas on what to do with the grille (or maybe when I was looking for driving lights)

Either way, it was one of the pictures that helped me decide to get the valiant grille and paint it like that

Ok, now that looks great.

But as i said in other posts, your cars were not just spray bombed like a stolen car by a drug dealer.....huge difference.

Black is a tough color to pull off and you did great in making that look like a stealth bomber.
My buddy did something stupid with his Aspen, so he brushed it flat black. Then he did something else stupid with his car, so he brushed it white.

-
Back