why do people help make old cars look bad

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
yea lets be cool DUDE!!!!! and black out the grille and bumper for a high performance look

high performance look that doesn't in fact look very good at all

Seriously, why do people take an old tired car and do something dumb to it to make it look worse than it already did.

MEMO: blacked out grilles are NOT cool people, it just makes the car look like it's missing the grille from far and looks really bad.

Thanks to @Dartn440 ...I will be fixin this real soon. I have another grille to clean up and change the look :)

IMG_0198.JPG

Last edited:
Not going to say a word about the black bumper. I'll just bite my tongue.

ok, I will admit maybe I am a bit harsh because if done properly it can look ok, but in this case on this pictured car you can see it wasn't even prepped and just sprayed like a drug dealer.

I doubt anyone will say my car look good in this condition.

others may have pulled it off to look good with proper prepping and better materials and a plan theme that makes sense

Agreed, properly done is a far cry from a quick rattle can spray bomb job!
When "Done right", it can look good. But not the bumper! IMHO! Body colored bumper is another issue and OK. Not really my flavor, but it has been done.

What eats my shorts are the iota huge dub wheels and rubber band tires! OUCH! My eyes!!!!

EDIT!!!
6pk2goDemon posted while I was replying...

Great example of done right above. Looks wonderful. Really does.

How nice of both of you to "trash" my cheap *** car LMAO :poke:
Nah i am trashing my own car and whoever the previous owner who did that.

I wish mine looked like your car, it's the same exact car .....72 demon, a real LL29 not a duster clone

ok, I will admit maybe I am a bit harsh because if done properly it can look ok, but in this case on this pictured car you can see it wasn't even prepped and just sprayed like a drug dealer.

I doubt anyone will say my car look good in this condition.

others may have pulled it off to look good with proper prepping and better materials and a plan theme that makes sense
Rani, for the win.....

Rani, the question on every ones mind is, does it have one of those universal radiator hoses? it seems to go with the blacked out grill......:poke:

Well I think all blacked out can look good if done right. Body color bumpers can be pulled off as well. 6pk2go has a really great looking car. Done right in my opinion. My 74 has a black grille, but I had an idea of the overall look and tried to frame it in silver. Gotta agree with the initial post. That looks like a ten minute job....go get it girl!

only thing that looks worse then blackout out bumpers is body colored bumpers
doesnt matter how well they prep it, it just looks cheap, cheesy and shortcut

6pk's bumper doesnt count, its gloss black! My grill came flat black from the factory....but it needs to get blacker.
20170702_201939.jpg

-
Back