why do people help make old cars look bad

-
You know why people make old cars look bad?

Because it's their car until they sell it. Until then no one else's opinion matters.

only thing that looks worse then blackout out bumpers is body colored bumpers
doesnt matter how well they prep it, it just looks cheap, cheesy and shortcut

The urethane bumpers on a GTO Judge don't look cheap.

The elastomerics on an impact color E-body or '71 up Road Runner or GTX hardly looks cheesy.

My opinion.

I decided to go low gloss black, on the Scamp. A good catalyst single stage enamel, because idiot drivers keep hitting my daily driver. Minimal maintenance, less stress....

First time I've seen yourcar C, it's georgeous!

Thanks Mike, I have posted lots of pics of my car here in the past. It's been awhile though...

only thing that looks worse then blackout out bumpers is body colored bumpers
doesnt matter how well they prep it, it just looks cheap, cheesy and shortcut

You're entitled to your opinion & I respect it, but it's VERY closed minded. My car isn't cheap, cheesy or full of shortcuts :lol:

The urethane bumpers on a GTO Judge don't look cheap.

The elastomerics on an impact color E-body or '71 up Road Runner or GTX hardly looks cheesy.

My opinion.

nor does the painted bumper on a 95 neon

my point is, the GTO and the GTX were cars that pa pontiac and ma mopar designed with color matched bumpers
different story from a A body all together

You're entitled to your opinion & I respect it, but it's VERY closed minded. My car isn't cheap, cheesy or full of shortcuts :lol:

look at it this way, ever seen a mopar with a cowl induction hood?
doesnt matter who build that car, or how well it is build, it will always look off

perhaps even better, ever seen a mopar with a black painted engine bay?
im gonna distrusts that car even if i knew Mr Norm build it himself

thats just what it conveys, and painted bumpers have the same effect

yea lets be cool DUDE!!!!! and black out the grille and bumper for a high performance look

high performance retard look.

Seriously, why do people take an old tired car and do something dumb to it to make it look worse than it already did.

MEMO: blacked out grilles are NOT cool people, it just makes the car look like it's missing the grille from far and looks really bad.

Thanks to @Dartn440 ...I will be fixin this real soon. I have another grille to clean up and change the look :)

View attachment 1715063008

I'm planning on getting a fiberglas bumper from AAR. Does that count? I dunno if I will go with the car color, or black yet... I have been thinking on having all the chrome done in a satin black. Hood will be satin black. It just makes long drives that much easier.

He thing that bugs me the most is when they don't paint the radiator support black. What the heck is shining through the grille?

mopp-1004-13-o-1967-plymouth-valiant-comparison-2 (1).jpg

Thanks Mike, I have posted lots of pics of my car here in the past. It's been awhile though...

Your car looks awesome. Well thought out. And most important,
Professional results. Done correctly you can paint anything any color.
If you have a theme.

D.

Your car looks awesome. Well thought out. And most important,
Professional results. Done correctly you can paint anything any color.
If you have a theme.

D.
BAM! There it is...plan ahead...;0

look at it this way, ever seen a mopar with a cowl induction hood?
doesnt matter who build that car, or how well it is build, it will always look off

Yep, I've seen plenty of them. Not my style, but I still can appreciate the build when it's tastefully done. I don't like to close my mind to "only" factory correct...

thats just what it conveys, and painted bumpers have the same effect

Again, your opinion. Is a picture of your car available. Just wondering....:)

Edit...I forgot the :poke:

heres one, ill see if i can find more...but im sure the intake alone will make for plenty of conversation

Your car looks great & if I saw it at a car show, I would ask questions.

I appreciate well done cars whether factory correct or not! :)

You might want to get rid of those cheesy mirrors though...:poke:

funny you should mention those...they are the stock mirrors, but for some reason the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to paint them black, as well as the stainless window trim and the door handles

its on my list to redo all that...just not very high up

Hmmm. I put fiberglass bumpers on my 72. Have the chrome ones put up. Choices I guess. There is nothing correct on any of my cars. Hell, I am contemplating some serious metalflake on the next one. That is likely to cause a ruckus

I am really feeling bad and eating my words because i should not have generalized and i feel so bad because i really don't think all these cars look bad.

My thread title really should have been " Check it out, Rani's Demon looks like ****"

It's the only car in the thread that does

Ahem, you were saying?

898f5726aecd6e11c4ccbcdc1f5bc84e.jpg

This probably an excellent example of black done right. I'm really glad they went gloss black on the body. As much as I love (and I do love it) satin/flat black. It's just been way overdone the last few years. So much so that when I redo my scamp it probably won't be in black.

My stock grill is black to. And it definitely does "disappear" at distance. I'm meh about it. I really give a lot less of a **** about the aesthetics of that car than the speed of it. Every time I take someone for a ride in it and they point out the rust or the headliner or something. I usually just say "yeah but it does this" then just plant them in their seat with a block long burnout. So far it's shut everyone up.

-
Back