Why Do You Like Old Cars

-
got the wife a new CR-V and the amount of electronics on it is scary....interesting/ fun/useful... but scary when you think of that crap needing replacement/service/etc. I mean it actually drives itself down the road if you want it to, dims the brights for oncoming cars, etc. etc. ..Begs the question: do you want to be a passenger behind the wheel or a driver?!
Given the way 98% of the population drives...I want them to be passengers.​

i'm starting to not like old cars.. with how the new cars perform and the cost of classic muscle anymore its kinda getting silly to mess with these old rust buckets.. a v6 camaro,challenger or mustang run in the 13's.. hell that 4cyl mustang will tear some classic muscle up..

modern muscle performs awesome.. fast, stops and corners awesome.. and they car nice and comfortable to be in, better mpg too.. best of all worlds.. plus they are built light years better then old cars. quality control is much better too.. nothing about a classic car was built to last..

i always hear that modern muscle has no personality. well here is a news flash that 1970 car was the same way back then. they gain personality as they are used...

i seriously think i'm an idiot at times plying with this old junk..

Maybe just me, but hard to imagine any of the new cars some are talking about being around or considered classics 50 years from now...people buying them will just dump the the 700 HP models for the next 1100 HP ones coming out..I mean if there's a point to that it's lost on me..:realcrazy:

i'm sure the old timers said the same thing about 60'-70's cars at the time too..

i'm starting to not like old cars.. with how the new cars perform and the cost of classic muscle anymore its kinda getting silly to mess with these old rust buckets.. a v6 camaro,challenger or mustang run in the 13's.. hell that 4cyl mustang will tear some classic muscle up..

modern muscle performs awesome.. fast, stops and corners awesome.. and they car nice and comfortable to be in, better mpg too.. best of all worlds.. plus they are built light years better then old cars. quality control is much better too.. nothing about a classic car was built to last..

i always hear that modern muscle has no personality. well here is a news flash that 1970 car was the same way back then. they gain personality as they are used...

i seriously think i'm an idiot at times plying with this old junk..

I agree with several of your points. The old cars seem better as we and they age.

"The older one gets, the faster one ran as a boy".

I haven't driven new muscle, but a new car's a stress free drive, compared to a muscle car drive (of any substantial distance). I want to do a "Drag Week" type drive sometime. Probably from here in South Jersey to a friend's in Colorado. But it'll be an adventure, almost expecting a problem or two. (My cars, an 11 second 87 Mustang and in the future, a 71 Duster that I'm building now, are built almost 100% by me, and I do have faith in my abilities!)

But the point of this thread is OLD cars, and why we like them. I hate to admit it, but they keep me young. I bought my Mustang new, when I was 26. Now it's an old car! My Duster reminds me of every muscle Mopar I had before I bought the Mustang; a 70 Challenger R/T, a 69 Dart GTS, and a 72 340 Demon. My neighbor had a 69 1/2 Six Barrel Road Runner that he bought new, and I partnered a 71 440 Six Barrel Road Runner in NHRA's Stock Eliminator.

I'll never forget how that 383 Challenger put my butt in the seat the first time I drove it!

-
Back