Why does the suspension look like i drove over a rock?

-
Looks like it's hittin harder too. You did somethin right! lol

I think i have found.....Ah....... smoking gun.
So to fit the bigger slicks, i had to move my leaf spring inward causing me to have to us off set shackles.
The offset shackles clear just fine on the right side however Not so much on the other side. My bumpers have them little bumper guards on them. they bolt to the sub frame and are both trying to share the same space.

View attachment 1715341640 View attachment 1715341641
AJ are you taking about this?

crunch? what post #

Since nobody asked... I guess I will. Whats your pinion angle? With that much axel movement, if the Pinion angle is too close to zero, the U joint may be trying to 'knot up'.
(your brakes appear to be leaking to)
Spring clamps are not supposed to be used with SS springs. They will change the rate of the spring. If you put clamps on and get a beneficial result, you have the wrong springs.
Before CalTracs came out, I used to watch NHRA stock eliminator guys go round and round about this issue. In the end, it always worked out better with the correct springs, and no clamps.
BTW, even the shivi guys ran the Mopar SS springs in the pre-CalTrac days...
I'm probably dating myself a bit, but it's always better to keep a healthy prospective..
My 2¢

Pinion is 4-1/2 Degrees nose down.
Agree thow, with as much as it twist, i kinda wish i would have when closer to 7. I think the back brace amplifies the look.
When i get the clamp for my GoPro, i'm going to see just how much the u-joint angle changes at the pinion..............
And yes i had a leaking line on the left wheel cylinder. fixed. I expected someone to notice a lot sooner:wtf::)

So what SS Spring would you have used on a e body that weighs 3860?

Pinion is 4-1/2 Degrees nose down.
Agree thow, with as much as it twist, i kinda wish i would have when closer to 7. I think the back brace amplifies the look.
When i get the clamp for my GoPro, i'm going to see just how much the u-joint angle changes at the pinion..............
And yes i had a leaking line on the left wheel cylinder. fixed. I expected someone to notice a lot sooner:wtf::)

So what SS Spring would you have used on a e body that weighs 3860?

Yes, 7° would have been better...
72bluNblu (post #30) was kind enough to provide a spring listing/chart to select springs.
I think Summit offers the springs for $140ea.
If you can find someone with a used set of CalTracs, those will make up for a multitude of sins, and you won't be in it for too much cash. and will be able to squeak by with your current shocks, until you can afford to upgrade.
CalTracs are about $340 new, compared to $280 for the new springs that will have to be shimmed/wedged for correct pinion angle. Calvert wants to have about 3° down.
The CE shocks are entry level shocks. The Calvert shocks are better. YellowRose's comments on shocks are spot on, as well as Skrews.

One other observation.... You're winding out all of your springs influence on the chassis at the starting line.. Try a lower static rpm so the springs/suspension behaves. your RT will suffer some, so bump it in a bit. Your converter will flash a touch higher, and may/probably 60' better too. Take heed to yellowrose on shock here.
Tire pressure seems low.. they're knotting up in second. they shouldn't do that on a car of your capability. (not a knock)
Since you had a brake leak, check to ensure your shoes aren't wet, and not holding. This could be a contributor at the starting line...

These are new SS Spring and Calvart does NOT recommend them for my springs.
When i was looking at the kit it was 499.00 and With the mono leaf was almost a a Grand. and is why i when back to the SS Spring route.

Agree the double adj is the way to go but i cheaped out and kinda regretting it.

Tire pressure was 15 on all the videos except the last one because i finally put some screw in the rim to keep it from slipping.
Brake shoes are dry, leak was the line going to the wheel cyl that was not tight enough and was seeping.

Ok, my bad. I didn't know you were on a new set of springs. Yes, Calvert doesn't want their bars on SS springs..

So i got my front shock installed and hooked up. My GoPo up to see how they worked.
The last part of the video i will be starting a new thread.
The first part is relevant to this thread and just might make you go Hmmmm

you know, I always wanted to ride under the rear of the car to see that ! lol
Brother, your springs have a lot of wrap up... More than I would have predicted a SS spring would have.
btw. go back and get your flashlight.

:lol:I had it stuck in the front bumper brace hole so i could see to spread the lower control arm. completely forgot about it until the video:BangHead:

-
Back