Why does this Holley 2280 have a "port" directly into the venturi?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

Well, I think I might know the answer, but some clarification wouldn't hurt. One of my 318's is running a mid-80's Holley 2280 2bbl, which is a nice carb. It is not a Lean Burn version.

It has a...let's call it a "fitting" on the passenger side of the carb exactly where Carter BBD's have the ported vacuum port for the distributor. However, this isn't ported vacuum. It goes straight into and through the wall of the venturi nowhere near the throttle blades. I *think* it's actually an air bleed, because I recall a mystery hole discussion coming up regarding a BBS.Anybody confirm that? Why is it there? I had the distributor hooked to it, explains why it didn't run that great LOL.

Speaking of PORTED vacuum signals, what is the significance of slots that are horizontal directly above the throttle blade and those that are slightly vertical and slightly farther away(upward) from the throttle blade?

Thanks...

Speaking of PORTED vacuum signals, what is the significance of slots that are horizontal directly above the throttle blade and those that are slightly vertical and slightly farther away(upward) from the throttle blade?

Thanks...

Those are transition slots to cover when you go from the idle system to the main system.... For a smooth transition...

This help?

0900c15280052767.gif

-
Back