Why is the racers forum off topic?

-

UncleTed

Reaction score
:protest:

I don't get it. Shouldn't it be about racing A-bodies?

I'm new. Be gentle.

Alot of us race other things but still use the old 340 or 360 A engines

I have no clue why it got stuck in the off tpoic section. Does it really make a difference ?

But one thing I learned years ago is that most of our problems with performance are the little things we most often overlook. Like a high speed miss can be as simple as the spark plugs needing replaced. Or an alt. not putting out enough current to keep the MSD firing right. I once knew a guy that had a 69 Firebird with 326 2barrel. He told me it would run 105 in the quarter. I called him a liar. We got another guy that was a friend of mine. He rode in the bird to check the speedo. It was right. Then we ran. I had a 56 Chevy with 327 and goodies. He beat me by 6 lengths and he had single exh.
He got the idea to change parts. I advised against. Alum intake, Holley 650, headers and a cam but the bird would only run about 93 in the quarter. These are the problems problems that we want to know about.

high speed miss.. haha.. i remember it took FOREVER to finally track down that problem I had once.
It turned out to be a wobble in the dizzy shaft after about 5000rpm or so. below that it ran like a dream.
It was a brand new Dizzy so I didn't think that would be the problem, live and learn.

Alot of us race other things but still use the old 340 or 360 A engines

banned.gif

Dont remember saying anything about running chebby? What I ment is people run the motors in other things besides cars.

-
Back