Why isn’t fuel going to the carb?

-
When did these come about, I grew up driving late 60's 70s cars never seen it. Now if it was on later 70's cars I may have never seen it. never owned late 70's Mopars. Anyway, did the OP figure this out? I thought he got it running

You may not have read far enough NONE of this (the OP) was connected correctly. NONE of the A body cars ever came with a return system.

Only cars I'm aware of that did are the B bodies (don't know about C) and I would assume E did equipped with HP 440 and hemi cars. This is detailed in the "fuel" section of the service manuals. I BELIEVE the 65/ later hemi cars did as well These clips are from the '70 shop manual

NOTE the factory separator IS MUCH DIFFERENT from the Wix filters. The wix filters do NOT have a standpipe. They are designed to have the 1/4" orifice/ return fitting UP

vapor1.jpg

vapor2.jpg

When did these come about, I grew up driving late 60's 70s cars never seen it. Now if it was on later 70's cars I may have never seen it. never owned late 70's Mopars. Anyway, did the OP figure this out? I thought he got it running
Yes. It’s running now. I got a different filter and I just have the vent line attached to nothing right now.

-
Back