Why no dash lights?

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Had the rallye dash out, 71 Demon 340, tested all dash lights, they worked, put it all back and nothing works but one indicator light. any help is appreciated.

this may sound strange but if you,ve tested the light out of the wireing circuit the next thing i would check is the turn signal switch.had this happen on 1 of my old darts had no dash lites or tail lights pulled my hair out turned out to be the turn signal switch good luck

Mopars love grounds clean and solid contact points.. Also the harness connections make sure there not rusted or corroded, sometimes contacts do get bad. IF you didn't know about this place, its a link where you can download the wiring diagram and make sure everything is connected properly.. Just a couple other things that i hope may help.. Good luck..

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=27

One indicator lamp ( park brake ) gets its ground through that switch so I'll assume that is the one that works. No others wil work while the panel is damgling from the harness connectors. Those screws that attach the panel to the dash provide its chassis ground. Adding a dedicated ground wire is strongly recommended.

-
Back