why restore an old car

-
Question: Why restore an old car

Answer: Because you can't restore a new car..... :violent1:

Because there is more steel and more bolts in one fender of a early A, than there is in 1/2 a new car. Also, I think almost all new cars look the same, a little like a fish we used to call a Sucker.

A friend bought at 2013 Ford F350, Crew Cab, 4x4, with a Powerstroke. He paid 60K for the truck. At 13,000 miles the transmission went completely out. The factory would not replace it, only rebuild it. It took the dealer three tries at rebuilding it to get it so it would move again. 2K later the windshield wiper motor went bad. At 15K it began to shake terribly going down the road. Dealer determined the tires were defective and replaced them.

All this for $60K?
Give me a classic Mopar anyday!

The greenies should love it because it's recycling at its most basic form.
:thumbup::thumbup:

So true!! too bad the greenies supported the cash for clunkers program and love the ulmighty crusher. Liberal logic..

I restored my Challenger because it was a part of the family. My dad bought it new. Some of my first memories are riding in the car and watching dad steer with one finger in the spokes. Every day I saw the car sitting in the garage collecting dust. It was a dream of mine from a very young age.

The Dart I've just started is different. This year has been extremely hard. I experienced a devastating loss that I probably will never recover from. The Dart is an escape from reality. When I get overwhelmed, I go out to the garage.(I'm out there every night) It gives my hands and mind something to focus on. When it's done, I'll probably have to buy something else...

-
Back