Why tape or rmove chrome before paint

-
I don't think that's the problem. The guy just wanted an '80s "monotone" look, maybe. Plus, usually bumpers require expensive replating, the potmetal parts are pitted requiring expensive restoration and plating, etc... So they took the easy/cheap way out. Oh, it's also pretty ugly, and not worth what they are asking.

Guy too cheap to do it right that's why 11.5k for that:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:..

I don't think that's the problem. The guy just wanted an '80s "monotone" look, maybe. Plus, usually bumpers require expensive replating, the potmetal parts are pitted requiring expensive restoration and plating, etc... So they took the easy/cheap way out. Oh, it's also pretty ugly, and not worth what they are asking.

Yes, the monochromatic style is definitely a distinct look but I'm sure there are those who like it. To each ... his/her own.

Yes, the monochromatic style is definitely a distinct look but I'm sure there are those who like it. To each ... his/her own.
IMHO, all I ever see in that look is "took the cheap way out". That's O.K. for some people. But then don't try and sell the car for top dollar. IMHO.

IMHO, all I ever see in that look is "took the cheap way out". That's O.K. for some people. But then don't try and sell the car for top dollar. IMHO.

As I have always said in re: to cars, "Whoever's name is on the pink slip (CA term) gets to do whatever the hell they want to with their car." Maybe he built the car because he wanted it that way and now has to sell it for whatever reason. As for the pricing, the market will take of that (it always does). Even if the car is perceived by some to be listed at 20-30-40% over what it's worth, I'm sure we've listed a part or two that were perceived to be 20-30-40% more than it was actually worth. Again, the market corrects it and offers & negotiations ensue. I guess I'm trying to say that I am personally past the point in my life of baging on people's design choices and pricing choices. Way too many other things to deal with.

"As I have always said in re: to cars, "Whoever's name is on the pink slip (CA term) gets to do whatever the hell they want to with their car." Maybe he built the car because he wanted it that way and now has to sell it for whatever reason. As for the pricing, the market will take of that (it always does). Even if the car is perceived by some to be listed at 20-30-40% over what it's worth, I'm sure we've listed a part or two that were perceived to be 20-30-40% more than it was actually worth. Again, the market corrects it and offers & negotiations ensue. I guess I'm trying to say that I am personally past the point in my life of baging on people's design choices and pricing choices. Way too many other things to deal with."

AMEN GTXperence - im with you on that!

I wonder what's under the paint?
To me, and i may be wrong, the quickie paint job and lack of detail with a thrown on stripe of sorts reminds me what you would call a ''stuff and F#ck'' paint job.

I wonder what's under the paint?
To me, and i may be wrong, the quickie paint job and lack of detail with a thrown on stripe of sorts reminds me what you would call a ''stuff and F#ck'' paint job.

Or in other words..Mickey Mouse..

As with most vintage cars any money spent on " restoration" is never recovered - hence the old saying "buy the car and get the restoration for free". This applies to Ferrari's, muscle cars and our A-bodies too.
Look like a lot of expense put into interior and it might have been a well taken care of car. BUT the painted items that are normally chrome; bumpers, tail lights, misc. trim, really detracts from the value. Not sure when it was painted, might have been a long time ago, but it would have always been worth more with the original finish.
Yes a little masking tape would have helped a lot.

-
Back