Why You Need to Look Over Their Shoulder

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I uncovered some household sewer line (to the septic tank) and found a piece of painters clean-up gauze in the dirt (what does one call those rags that look like threads?). Picked it up to find it was covering a hole that was punched in the pipe.

I am sure there must be a superior manner of repairing such a puncture (don't know what it is at the moment).

DSC06637.JPG

sewer line holds no pressure so you could patch with duct tape and bury it again, but that flex tape is great stuff.

I uncovered some household sewer line (to the septic tank) and found a piece of painters clean-up gauze in the dirt (what does one call those rags that look like threads?). Picked it up to find it was covering a hole that was punched in the pipe.

I am sure there must be a superior manner of repairing such a puncture (don't know what it is at the moment).

View attachment 1715372267
Schedule 20 lite weight pipe:
Guessing a hole by accident , or someone did it to use as a clean out , ''old rotorooter trick" . About any thing will work on it , if u want to do it close to right and easy, get a coupling that size , split it and take a little out at the split and glue it on over the hole and fugetaboutit .

Leave it you just expanded the leach field LOL

I had one like that....my buddy the expert gave me a piece of pipe the same diameter and about 6” long. Told me to cut it in half the long way and silicone one half of it around the edges and glue it on over the hole. Simple and slick. That’s how they do it.

-
Back