wich sm block tunnel ram

-

35regal

Reaction score
im building a 418 stroker 11.5 compression, eddy heads flow 280@600 in 215@600 ex. solid cam, 260 [email protected] 600 lift, 4200 stall, 4.10 gear ,600 carbs. i found 1 - wieand intake, and 1 edlebrock intake, any input appreciated.

I've had a Weiand and it was a nice piece. I don't think you'll have a problem with either but IMO Wieand kind of sets the bar for tunnel rams.

Out of the intakes listed, I'd run the shorter runner in line dual quad set up. The Edelbocks could have been STR's, IDK?

why shorter i was told longer builds torque, i dont plan on twisting it more than 6800rpm

Torque?!?! You have a 4 inch stroke. Shorter runner higher RPM. You never said what RPM was your limit. I figure, if your going to run a tunnel ram, your turning up the wick real good to burn real bright.

In that case, I think your head flow falls short and your gear ratio is numerically to low.
Head flow in the low 3's min and 4.56's with 32's. I'm not sure about the converter, but I myself would go to 5,000 and a trans brake.

Its a street car , dont want to twist it past 6900 with that long stroke, it is a street car 28 tall tires, ran low 12s with 340 same gear same convertor ,iron heads. This should be a big improvement.

-
Back