Wideband O2 sensor ("shoulda bought this years ago")

-
Not to hijack - but was planning to purchase an Innovate LM-2 kit. Good price on Amazon ($100 off) but the reviews are poor. FAST meter reviews are spotty too. Hmmm...

Not to hijack - but was planning to purchase an Innovate LM-2 kit. Good price on Amazon ($100 off) but the reviews are poor. FAST meter reviews are spotty too. Hmmm...

I have had mine for almost 2 years in the car and constantly running without any problems at all.
I also read a lot of reviews before I got it, and it didn't seem like the reviews were out of scale with just about anything else we get for our cars (or any cars for that matter)

I have had mine for almost 2 years in the car and constantly running without any problems at all.
I also read a lot of reviews before I got it, and it didn't seem like the reviews were out of scale with just about anything else we get for our cars (or any cars for that matter)

Innovate portable or permanent install? Complaints seem to center around the portable LM-2 controller.

Always take into consideration that people who give reviews are usually the ones that have problems and they want to tell the world all about it. Most folks who never have a problem don't go back and give a review on how good something's been working. Just something to think about.

Always take into consideration that people who give reviews are usually the ones that have problems and they want to tell the world all about it. Most folks who never have a problem don't go back and give a review on how good something's been working. Just something to think about.

True!

Yup gotta jet down that beast, don't want to wear out your rings from fuel wash. Even 14:1 at cruise is wayy better for engine wear.

That's the funny thing, I jetted down and now it's lean at WOT but still 11.0 at cruise so simply jetting down does not help on a Holley carb. I'm making air bleeds and changing power valves to get my idle/cruise circuits corrected.

That's the funny thing, I jetted down and now it's lean at WOT but still 11.0 at cruise so simply jetting down does not help on a Holley carb. I'm making air bleeds and changing power valves to get my idle/cruise circuits corrected.

You won't get to were you want by changing air bleeds, not with it that far off.

It will likely need a bunch of changes to the metering block, primariiy the idle feed restrictors.

Older style 950hp by chance?

A lot of issues with these units stem from poor power supply and grounds. BTDT!

You won't get to were you want by changing air bleeds, not with it that far off.

It will likely need a bunch of changes to the metering block, primariiy the idle feed restrictors.

Older style 950hp by chance?

A lot of issues with these units stem from poor power supply and grounds. BTDT!

Correct. I've got the the step by step to get it where it should be though. I understand it's more than just air bleeds.

They supposedly drive a ECU signal better than the AEM, look at what megasquirt uses.. To the rest of us, it's 6 1 way half dozen the other.

I bought the Innovate LC-2 a couple months ago, just haven't gotten a chance to install it yet.

I already have the tuning kit for my Edelbrock 1406, which I purchased when I got my carb. Did some tuning back then, but when I get the gauge hooked up, we'll see if my tuning was even close.

Need to find a free day to get this installed, and then another few hours to refresh my memory on jets, metering rods, and springs...lol

You guys did it again! Been thinkin about a wideband sensor and this thread showed up just in time. Today I shopped amazon then called summit and they price matched @$160 plus shipping. Also ordered the longer cable and the exhaust hanger so I can use it on both my cars and maybe help a few friends. Should be arriving in 2 days. BTW been trying to tune a stumble out of my BB Dart for years. Done with hit and miss.

Let me add to what Cracked posted.

If you are Cruising at highway speeds of at least 60 to 70 mph, changing the Main Jets should make a difference.
If you are Cruising significantly below that, then the main jets should make no difference, your Holley is still on the "idle" circuit.
If you are Cruising between those two, then its some mix and its very hard to know which. So, start with the getting the high speed cruise good and the low speed cruise good. In between should then be OK too.

The main air bleeds most important job is to correct the fuel curve so it stays flat at WOT in top gear. Without them, it will get steadily richer at WOT under full load. They do also effect the start up of the main system. But it is good to have a drag strip or dyno run before changing the air bleed for other purposes.

-
Back