Wideband

-
I don't know about FAST, but most EFI systems should be able to start and run "open loop." My Holley certainly does, and so do the OEMs. I can tell when my Innovate comes online from the display.

Think about this..............you don't have to wait for "the tubes to warm up" on your modern car do ya?

I don't know about FAST, but most EFI systems should be able to start and run "open loop." My Holley certainly does, and so do the OEMs. I can tell when my Innovate comes online from the display.

Think about this..............you don't have to wait for "the tubes to warm up" on your modern car do ya?

no you dont...but it does seem diff systems start diff ways in this case...

I'm a little confused by this one myself. All of the FI systems I've put together I will wait a few seconds for the fuel pump to build up the pressure, but I've never heard of waiting for the O2s to heat up. Also, isn't "open loop" and "closed loop" usually depend on engine temp?

Right, but they should be able to run, IE if the temp sender fails, etc.

What I'm saying is I don't understand why anyone would design a system that requires such procedure. It could be argued that this is a safety issue.

When my engine is warm, either on the "old Ranger" or the 95 Olds, or the Holley on the Dart, I never wait for the pump to "build." The Dart sometimes starts in less than 1/2 - 1 second, roughly. But even cold, medium or warm, I never wait for the O2 to warm up.

What I'm saying is I don't understand why anyone would design a system that requires such procedure. It could be argued that this is a safety issue.

I've never done it that way and I am in no way saying it is wrong. I do have some FAST reference material at the shop, I'll have to look at it closer.

I'm with you on this thinking.

I never wait for the pump to "build."
It's just an old habit from days gone by. I've got really bad habits that need working on, so I'll let this one slide....:D

i was looking at the auto meter wide band set ups and they all have a wire that they want you to hook up to a switch and turn on prior to starting in order to head up the sensor. i was thinking that you could just run that to a keyed hot wire and skip the switch?

i was looking at the auto meter wide band set ups and they all have a wire that they want you to hook up to a switch and turn on prior to starting in order to head up the sensor. i was thinking that you could just run that to a keyed hot wire and skip the switch?

Do they offer a valid reason why? Or is it a "just cuz" thing?

Amazon had the AEM's at around 141 after a code "aemsprng" and free shipping

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4100-UEGO-Controller-Gauge/dp/B000CFQM4G/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1363909868&sr=1-1"]AEM 30-4100 UEGO Controller Gauge : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

No sweat Kev. I saw that and wish I'd seen it earlier, would have shipped a few to Nevada and picked up this weekend.

It's what I've been looking for, fer sure. Want me to order a few and you can pick them up on your way home? :D

I run the AEM in my car and it's been great. After starting the car the sensor takes about 30 seconds to fully warm up ( reads leaner than it should ) but after that it's good to go.

I run a depo wideband in my sti. It come with a 4.9 lsu which was super responsive/heated up quick but sensors did not last more then 500 miles. Car runs 14.7 cruise and 10.8 wot. Ended up using a 4.2 sensor and rewiring it and has worked flawless.

I run a depo wideband in my sti. It come with a 4.9 lsu which was super responsive/heated up quick but sensors did not last more then 500 miles. Car runs 14.7 cruise and 10.8 wot. Ended up using a 4.2 sensor and rewiring it and has worked flawless.

Sorry, but not up with technology yet, what is a 4.9Isu and a 4.2 sensor. What is the 4.2 sensor from and what did you have to do to make it work with the wiring?? Thank You!

4.9 is the newest bosch wideband sensor.. It is suppose to me more accurate, faster, etc. I kept having problems with them for some reason. So I bought a older 4.2 sensor and just had to match wires and put the 4.9 plug on it. Been working flawless for like 2500 miles now.

http://ecotrons.com/Lnews1.html

If I was the guy that lost 2mpg in the video, I'd be a bit irritated. IMO, they didn't do the right adjustments to tune that set up by adding jet to it.

Yes the chebbies are everywhere. That's a big part of why I prefer a mopar. Bellybuttons are boring :)

Guess what I got today....
Thanks Rob. I think I'm gonna make a small box to mount it in and make it a hand held tool for the moment.

Attachments

• IMAG0262.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 152
-
Back