Widest Duster tire?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
What size (Biggest) tire i can run on the back of my duster with an 8 inch wide wheel?

i have a 255/70/15 firestone firehawk on mine, ita about .5 inches away from the outer side of the wheel well and about .5 inches away from the springs. its on keystone klassic 15x7 3.75 inch backspacing. when i was looking around i think its the biggest size you can go and be safe, considering sidewell flex and all. the tires have a buldge width of 10.2 inches, and like 9 inches on the road? they are 29 1/10 tall, so a little bit of the front and back of the wheel well openings on the quarters had to be cut, but it didnt matter on mine, since its all putty

That's what I have 275 60 15 8" crager s/s

Yep, all seems to be same. I tired 275/60/15 with 3.75 back spacing on mine. It was very close in that I wanted to keep mine tucked in the wells. I didn't want to take a chance. So in the end I went with 255/60/15's

Thanks guys! The wheels i'm buying from a FABO member they are 14 X 8 with a 4 inch backspace.

moparker do you have any more pics. of the Duster in your avatar? That is basically the look i'm going for with mine!

I have 275/50/15,s there Mickey Thompson drag radials on 15x10 aluminum rims.Here,s a pic...

Cayuga 006.jpg

im running 275 60 15 BFG's . still have plenty of space stock springs.8 3/4 rear . prolly gonna go 295. .. have a a buddy running 305's on a demon but lip is rolled not tubbed either very close but no rub

It's all in the offset. I have old slots that have a 3" offeset are 15x8.5 with 265/50/15's, and they hit pretty hard sometimes. Nice grooves on new tires to prove it. FIRE!

Thanks guys! The wheels i'm buying from a FABO member they are 14 X 8 with a 4 inch backspace.

moparker do you have any more pics. of the Duster in your avatar? That is basically the look i'm going for with mine!
I don't mean to butt in...I tried going 14" at first for my Duster,but found out that 245/60R/14" is the tallest widest tire made these days in 14"..Craig..

I am running Old Skool Goodyear Polyglas G60-14 Bias Ply on my Duster, I am lucky if I have 3.8" clearance between the springs and the inside side wall of the tire. But this tire does fill up the rear Quarter wheel opening very well.

I am thinking about putting a 17 inch rim on back..anybody done this before ?

I run with the 275/60/15 on the rear wtih Super stock springs in stock locations. They were a little scary close to the upper quarter panel so I installed a set of good air shocks and bumped them up just enough to have nice clearance without scaring me. Works well and leaves a nice fat footprint.

-RPM

P1010423.jpg

P1010426.jpg

here you can see spring clearnces and check out those "C" body 11" finned drum brakes !
P1010372.jpg

Tell me more about this "offset shackle kit"?
Pictures of the front hanger and rear shackle to offset the spring 3/4" inward.
You have to move the spring perch on the rear also.
I looked these up on Summit, and can't beleive how much they want for these, or the spring relocation kit. What the heck are they thinking

hanger.jpg

shackle.jpg

Where and what brand are you getting the 275 and 305 15 inches ???

I am thinking of 295/40/17 and 205/40/17//

The 325x50x15' are exactly what we are looking for..where did you buy ???

ian.

I run with the 275/60/15 on the rear wtih Super stock springs in stock locations. They were a little scary close to the upper quarter panel so I installed a set of good air shocks and bumped them up just enough to have nice clearance without scaring me. Works well and leaves a nice fat footprint.

-RPM

P1010423.jpg

P1010426.jpg

here you can see spring clearnces and check out those "C" body 11" finned drum brakes !
P1010372.jpg

WTF...Eat Dust???

-
Back