Wife and I went for a hike.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wife and I went hiking today. It was a beautiful day and the terrain, although very rugged was some of the best we had ever seen. We will be going back to this remote area again in the future. The creek we were on is cutting through the mountains and in places has banks that are 300 feet high at 70 degree slopes. Very rough going but we had fun and got some exercise. Now, time to start driving the Demon again. Pic of the church is there because that church and gravyard is out in the middle of nowhere with no houses anywhere close. The gravestones were mostly from the mid to late 1800's. The flower is a very rare flower in this part of the world. We think it is some kind of trilium.

Jack

Attachments

• mini-sluice and creek 006.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 248
  • mini-sluice and creek 007.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 242
  • mini-sluice and creek 008.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 251
  • mini-sluice and creek 011.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 255
  • mini-sluice and creek 012.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 244
It's about time! People have been telling you for years to take a hike and you finally listened. LOL :D

Nice!! I always love a good hike.

Beautiful country, nice that you and the missus could enjoy it, thanks for sharing.

Nice scenery.

Where's the pictures of the wife???? LOL!

Nice pic's Jack, You and the better half did all that hiking and ya didn't bring rod with?
Fish'n looks good there.

Nice pic's Jack, You and the better half did all that hiking and ya didn't bring rod with?
Fish'n looks good there.

We were doing something else that I can't talk about for security reasons, so we couldn't take the fishing rods with us. Never saw a fish though. Lots of water falls on that stream so maybe they can't make it up to where we were.

Jack

That is some beautiful country side, Mom and I would like to take a hike in thoughs parts, she loves the sound of the water falls.

We were very surprised at how few people were out there. There was nobody where we went and we only saw about 20 other people in a 40 mile drive to get there. This area is about 20 miles wide by 40 miles long. That is not very many people per square mile.

Jack

First and foremost thank you for sharing Jack
Beuityful county pictures and a fine time sharing a walk/hike together
Did you or your wife bring any cuttings back of any plants ?
Again thank you

Hey Mike,

The wife brought back a small tree to transplant. It is kind of New Brunswicks version of a palm tree and she likes palm trees. LOL

Jack

Beautiful to say the least!! Thanks for sharing! That flower sure looks like a trillium but I have never seen a purple one. Only white ones. Oooh illegal to pick too!

Yup, can't touch them. They only grow in very special conditions. Of course, I know a spot where there was about 100 Painted Trilliums until our local forestry giant drove all over them with there skidders.

Jack

-
Back