Wifes 69 Barracuda

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Finally I am getting started on the wifes Barracuda. Its been in the garage for 4 years. I am finally close enough on my Coronet to start hers. Here it is in limbo with matresses on top and heres what i,m starting with.

Attachments

• garage 004 (Large).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 922
  • cuda resto 008 (Large).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 909
  • cuda resto 007 (Large).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 919
  • cuda resto 006 (Large).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 913
  • cuda resto 005 (Large).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 910
  • cuda resto 004 (Large).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 904
  • cuda resto 003 (Large).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 907
  • cuda resto 002 (Large).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 910
  • cuda resto 001 (Large).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 919
  • garage 003 (Large).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 921
A few more and what i got done this afternoon. The dreaded bag and tag.

Attachments

• cuda resto 013 (Large).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 903
  • cuda resto 012 (Large).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 908
  • cuda resto 011 (Large).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 906
  • cuda resto 010 (Large).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 901
  • cuda resto 009 (Large).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 908
Dare, what are your plans for it, generally? Do you have a motor for it or are you going to drop a crate into it? Just curious. I've always liked the notchbacks, BTW.

My Coronets a fire breathing 500 wedge. I,m doing this for the wife. I already have a fresh rebuilt 318 stock specs that i,m gonna drop in.Cam may change before i,m done. Plans are some good ceramic coated headers, an aluminum dual plane intake and a 600 vaccuum secondary carb. I have a 727 with a 2800 b and m converter to bolt to it. Rear I have is a early b rear with 3.55 suregrip. It will have air and heat. I want to build her a nice cruiser thats comfortable while still being stout enough to get out of its own way.

Notch,my favorite body style.Good luck.I am curious,though.In 1983,when zz tops eliminator came out,everyone put zz top stripes on their car,just curious.

Cool car dare! Looking forward to seeing the progress! Those Cuda's are pretty cool!

The wifes car looks so much like mine at the beginning....a jumbled mess under the hood!! Love the notch....of course. Looking fwd to seeing more.

thanks guys and yes she,s got to help. Today i pulled wrenches and she bagged and tagged and chased tools. It helped immensely. At 53 i,m a little slow when I got to keep getting up and down.

I forgot all about your/your wife's 69 barracuda :love4: I think you said something about it at Monster Mopar last year :happy7: Looks like you wont have to go shopping for wheels, Those look great :thumbrig:
Wow I forgot we are the same age :-$:toothy7:
I am glad to see an air compressor and some good tools to help you along
Looking forward to this build and keep us updated on your need to find list, 1000 eyes are better then 2 .
I hope you have a big box fan blowing on your work area I know it's hotter then all get out down in your part of the country.
A little shade goes a long way :toothy2:

It sounds like she's as excited as you to get her fish underway. Looks like you are losing a place to sleep if you needed it though. :)

Grant

Cool project. Keep those grilles in a safe place where they won't get damaged. Those are hard to come by and very pricey.

Got a little more done. Or should I say undone.Front clip has been changed. Inner fenders are b5 blue and I see some shoddy spot welds or is it braized. Oh well its just gonna be a driver. I will clean it up and skim it and shoot some epoxy and color on it.Thinking single stage. Easy to touch up.Any one have any advise on easiest method to ready it for paint underhood. Floors look really good. No holes at all and solid.

Attachments

• progress 8-16 013 (Large).jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 629
  • progress 8-16 011 (Large).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 642
  • progress 8-16 010 (Large).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 629
  • progress 8-16 009 (Large).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 634
  • progress 8-16 008 (Large).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 628
  • progress 8-16 007 (Large).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 636
  • progress 8-16 006 (Large).jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 635
  • progress 8-16 005 (Large).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 644
  • progress 8-16 004 (Large).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 634
  • progress 8-16 003 (Large).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 639
I used all different type ways such as paint stripper. But the side grinders with wire brush like you have really cut the time down.

Got a little more done. Or should I say undone.Front clip has been changed. Inner fenders are b5 blue and I see some shoddy spot welds or is it braized. Oh well its just gonna be a driver. I will clean it up and skim it and shoot some epoxy and color on it.Thinking single stage. Easy to touch up.Any one have any advise on easiest method to ready it for paint underhood. Floors look really good. No holes at all and solid.

daredevil,
Like mullinax said, the offset grinder and twisted wire wheel is probably the best tool for the first wack. Just make sure that you address the rust before you paing over it or all that work will be for naught. Yes is looks like some of the plug welds were brazed in. Is that the horn button or the starter button laying on the floor? Now that is high tech!!! L8r

Jim

daredevil,
Like mullinax said, the offset grinder and twisted wire wheel is probably the best tool for the first wack. Just make sure that you address the rust before you paing over it or all that work will be for naught. Yes is looks like some of the plug welds were brazed in. Is that the horn button or the starter button laying on the floor? Now that is high tech!!! L8r

Jim

Horn button or starter button? Got me. I ripped all that crap out. Heres the progress today. All the rust was wire wheeled and sanded away and ospho,d a couple times.

Attachments

• mounts 356.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 547
  • mounts 357.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 552
  • mounts 358.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 542
So glad to see you have been staying busy :D a good sign all is well at home :cheers: Looks great and I bet you are glad that part of the build is behind you :cheers:

I seen in another thread you have the 318 in the barracuda :cheers:
I think it's time we have another great day or 2 to enjoy again soon :glasses7:

You gonna make St Louie? Dang I better post a pic in here huh? Motors fresh and the valve covers were bought in an auction to help Grumpus Creature a couple years back.I,m slow but perseverant.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 448
looking forward to watching the progress... Cool build for your wife..

You gonna make St Louie? Dang I better post a pic in here huh? Motors fresh and the valve covers were bought in an auction to help Grumpus Creature a couple years back.I,m slow but perseverant.

I was just talking to a member here about that Pete, If all goes as planed I will be there :cheers:
I remeber that auction we all had to help David out.
Perseverance wins every time in my book, You are moving forward bro, Looking great :cheers: did you get the carb problem solved :glasses7:

I was just talking to a member here about that Pete, If all goes as planed I will be there :cheers:
I remeber that auction we all had to help David out.
Perseverance wins every time in my book, You are moving forward bro, Looking great :cheers: did you get the carb problem solved :glasses7:

Stroker Scamp jumped in to help me out and sent me a rebuilt 650 holley. He cleaned it up and rebuilt a core he had and wouldnt take any cash. dang it lol cutting out rust from the trunk drip rail and whatnot today. Drip rail was rotted out at the top and in the corner.What can you expect for a 500 dollar car.This is gonna push my skills to the limit trying to fab the metal patches. Always listening to advice so let me have it.

Attachments

• body work 001 (Large).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 360
  • body work 002 (Large).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 364
  • body work 003 (Large).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 363
  • body work 004 (Large).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 352
  • body work 005 (Large).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 364
  • body work 006 (Large).jpg