will 17x11 wheel fit between my frame rail and body...

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
So I am going crazy here and thinking about ordering the new wheels for the dart. I did not bust out a tape measure but when looking in the rear tire well I noticed the frame rail looks close to the fender by that it appears maybe I do not have room to fit a 17x11 wheel in there. What is the widest wheel you can put early a body? I am tubing the car. Thanks

So I am going crazy here and thinking about ordering the new wheels for the dart. I did not bust out a tape measure but when looking in the rear tire well I noticed the frame rail looks close to the fender by that it appears maybe I do not have room to fit a 17x11 wheel in there. What is the widest wheel you can put early a body? I am tubing the car. Thanks

It would probably fit fine with a 12.5" tire section width or less and the right rim backspacing. I have an early A that is tubed and there is about 13.5" between the body and rear frame.

It would probably fit fine with a 12.5" tire section width or less and the right rim backspacing. I have an early A that is tubed and there is about 13.5" between the body and rear frame.
ok. I will measure it later. I just could not stop thinking about it. I am at work now so it makes it tough not to think about it. The wheels I have chosen to go with, are a 2 piece forged. Built to my spec.

I have an early A dart as well that I mini tubbed. I have just under 14" inches for tires. Make sure you measure and pick the correct backspacing when choosing your wheels. There are some great instruction on weld wheels website as to how to measure so you get it right the first time. Post some pics onc eyou get your wheels.
Best of luck.
Rod

Here is 18x12 fitting with stock framerails and rolled lips.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 350

Max runs a 17x10.5 with a 315/35-17 on his '65 Barracuda: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=212666

He moved the inner wheelhousings in, but not all the way. You could ping him and ask him how much he thinks would fit if the inner wheel housings were actually flush to the frame.

I run a 17" x 11" wheel and a 390/40R17 tire with room to spare.

Attachments

• tires%20009.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 159
  • duster%20029.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 167
  • duster%20006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 174
  • duster%20010.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 174
-
Back