Will 318, 340 or 360 heads fit on a 273?

-
Until we get a casting number from the OP, it's a guessing game LOL. No way to know if these are original heads or ???? 'til that is known.

I thought -675 open chamber heads didn't come around until 68

OP's 1966 stock 273 should have -920 closed chamber heads,no? Which IIRC are speced on 273s, closer to 57/60cc,no?
Hey AJ, my intent was to dispute the 7:1 SCR number posted earlier.....920's would be even higher SCR than what I showed with 675 heads.

So again.... the OP can help himself and everyone to post some pix and part numbers so we really know what he is starting with. We also need to know if he intends to replace the pistons due to bore wear. Not many choices out there.

Until we get a casting number from the OP, it's a guessing game LOL. No way to know if these are original heads or ???? 'til that is known.

Hey AJ, my intent was to dispute the 7:1 SCR number posted earlier.....920's would be even higher SCR than what I showed with 675 heads.

So again.... the OP can help himself and everyone to post some pix and part numbers so we really know what he is starting with. We also need to know if he intends to replace the pistons due to bore wear. Not many choices out there.

It's been crazy around here lately and I appreciate all the information and responses from everybody. I'm actually out of state right now taking care of some family business but I should be back on Monday and I will update everybody with pictures and part numbers and all that good stuff. Thank you for all the help it is really an amazing community and I appreciate you all! just a quick note as of now my mechanic is hell-bent on dropping in a 318 that he has laying around. I really really really wanted to keep it stock but it seems like that is the general consensus with everybody so we still have some talking to do about it. Compression tests are being done today so I will update with new information as I get it. Again thank you and have a great weekend!

just a quick note as of now my mechanic is hell-bent on dropping in a 318 that he has laying around.

Tell him you'll take the teener if he GIVES it to you and installs it for free......it's your vehicle, you should be able to do it your way

-
Back