Will a 63 slant 6 904 interchange into 65 slant 6 Valiant column shift

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I have a 65 Valiant 200 convertible that came with a 225/ auto on the column. I do not have a transmission, but can get a 904 out of a 63 dart. Will it hook up to the 65 cables that come off of the column? My other option is to swap in a 66 a body column and a later linkage shift 904.

I am pretty sure the two cable trans are the same and its the cables that are different length, depending on whether its a push button or two cable column shifter like a 65. I also have a 65 GT that has one calbe floor shifter

Yes pretty sure, however as stated above you have to use the cables in the 65, 63 was pushbutton. Contact Pat Blais he is the torque flight king.

The '63 trans will work, but you'll need to re-use the valve body out of the '65. It has an extra position to account for when the selector is in park that wasn't needed in '64 and earlier.

The '63 trans will work, but you'll need to re-use the valve body out of the '65. It has an extra position to account for when the selector is in park that wasn't needed in '64 and earlier.
I do not have a 65 transmission to get the valve body from.

Grab the 63 tranny because it is local and shipping is $$$. A valve body can be shipped affordably. I also have heard that the 65 valve body is slightly different.

-
Back