Will a roof skin for a sedan fit a coupe ...69 dart

-

glhx

Reaction score
looking for a roof skin for my 69 dart.
Can I use a 4 door roof skin?

I'm thinking not but I want to be sure

I think the angles for the rear of the rear windows is way different

The sedan glass is taller so the openings will be taller so you will have to modify it in the rear C pillar area at least. The difference is in the A and C pillar height. The 4 doors have a B pillar and HT's don't so that will be another issue if your using the structure with the roof skin. Do you have to replace the whole roof or can you just patch it?

As they say, anything is possible, but A sedan roof is completely different.If you were closer I have a 68 and a 69 Dart HT. I could cut the roof off of.

I have a roof skin for it already.

My roof had a vinyl top. It has holes all over the place so it's done.

The replacement also had a vinyl top and has craters but not deep.
I'll try to get some pictures

There were some holes all along the roofs side edge. Very small pin holes throughout.

Upon trying to weld them up it just made them bigger.

For example......

If I were to fill in the pin holes with something like job weld or some sort of filler it would be fine.

Then run several coats of high build or feather fill. I could fill in the craters.

I was going to put a vinyl top back on so it would not have been a big deal.

I don't want to do that now so I'm looking for a better roof close to Nashville area.

I have a roof skin for it already.

My roof had a vinyl top. It has holes all over the place so it's done.

The replacement also had a vinyl top and has craters but not deep.
I'll try to get some pictures

There were some holes all along the roofs side edge. Very small pin holes throughout.

Upon trying to weld them up it just made them bigger.

Come see me in Murfreesboro, I'll get you hooked up

For example......

If I were to fill in the pin holes with something like job weld or some sort of filler it would be fine.

Then run several coats of high build or feather fill. I could fill in the craters.

I was going to put a vinyl top back on so it would not have been a big deal.

I don't want to do that now so I'm looking for a better roof close to Nashville area.

-
Back